Saturday, 31 March 2007
Collection due out on 18 May in Japan.
- Water Eye Color Duo in 5 variations, 3675yen. Limited edition.
- Poudre Bronzer, 5250yen. Can be used as blush, highlighter, bronzer and shading powder.
- Nail polish in #27 Amber Brown and #28 Blue Lagoon (limited edition), 2415yen
- Lip Gloss #6 (coral pink) and #7 Caramel Glace (caramel brown), 2625yen. Limited edition.
Also debuting are the Remover Essence In (has camomile extract, olive oil, avocado oil, macadamia nut oil and silk protein, 735yen), Top Coat Gloss (840yen), Nail Hardener Protect (840yen) and Base Coat Long Keep (840yen). The Nail Hardener and Base Coat have the same camomile extract and various oils as the Remover Essence In. Due out 25 April in Japan.
1. Cinq Coleurs (5 eyeshadow palettes) in #209 Aqua Frost ("water-inspired cool pastel harmony") and #709 Earth Frost ("earth-inspired warm colour harmony"). These supposed contain an innovative "wet powder" for a soft, fresh finish that is similar to that of cream eyeshadows. 7875yen. 8.5g
2. Bronze Palette. Includes highlighter, cheek colour, face colour and lip balm. With SPF20. 7140yen
- Two palettes, one for face and one for eyes. 7665yen. 9g.
- Sparkling Lip Gloss #12 Pink Topaz and #13 Sparkling Amethyst. Comes in the click type packaging with a brush applicator. 3780yen. 2.5ml
- Shiny Lip Plumper #1 Glossy Pink (girly pink), #2 Glossy Plum (mysterious feminine plum) and #3 Glossy Brown (beige brown). Also described as a tinted lip balm with SPF 10 and hyaluronic acid. 2835yen. 15ml
- Mascara Aqua Resistant #6 Marine Burgundy, 4200yen
- Kajal Eyeliner #1 Black, 3360yen
- Nail Touch in #1 Secret Radiance (transparent), #2 Pink Radiance (sheer pearly pink), #3 Violet Flush (pearly purple), #4 Beige Light (pink beige), #5 Golden Reflection (elegant pink) and #6 Sparkling White (pearly white). Comes in an innovative "one-touch, click-on" type packaging. 3360yen. 4ml.
- Bubble Blush: souffle type face colour. Described as apricot with multi-coloured pearl shimmer, 4935yen
- Swirl Gloss #4 Pinky and #5 Apricot, 3360yen.
- Sparkling Gloss #2 Gold and #3 Riveria, 3360yen.
- Meteorites Pure, 6615yen
- Meteorites Brush with case, 4410yen
- Summer Eye Makeup Coffret: 4 eyeshadows, 2 eye pencils, mini Long Lash Mascara in black. 13650yen
There's a great article on the collection here:
- Skin Modelling Eyes Palettes EX01 Beige Bronze and EX02 Beige Cool, 5250yen, limited edition
- Full Glamour Gloss #5 Clear, #6 Soft Beige, #7 Light Pink, 2625yen
- Nail Color #17 Silver Gold, #18 Shiny Bronze, #19 Cool Beige, 1575yen
- Tone Up Powder (Refill) in EX01 Bronze Brown, 1575yen, limited edition
- Jelly Eyes EX01 Sheer White, EX02 Sheer Beige, EX03 Sheer Blue, 2310yen, limited edition
- Power Infusion Mascara WP 01 Black, EX01 Bronze Brown, EX02 Deep Blue, 3150yen, EX01 and EX02 are LE
- Lipliner in 6 shades: #1 Plum, #2 Cocoa, #3 Milk Tea, #4 Caramel, #5 Spice and #6 Fig, (1575yen)
- Lipgloss N in 10 shades (2625yen)
- Blotting Paper 2007 (1575yen)
- Beauty Mirror (2940yen): this is so pretty!
- Nail Color in 3 shades (1575yen)
- Emery Board 2007 (525yen)
- Pressed Powder: #4 Villa (bronze x light blue) and #5 Sunset (yellow x light purple). Both contain champagne gold pearl for a sexy summer look. (5145yen)
- Frozen Splash Eyes (840yen): cream eyeshadows with pearl shimmer in 6 shades (pink, gold, green, blue, white, beige)
- Lash Expander & Lash Enamel Glamour both in limited edition blue shade (1260yen)
- Neo Automatic Liner (1260yen) in BL444 and #34, both limited edition
- Artistic Nails (Jewelling Line) in BL555 (399yen)
- Artistic Nails (Glow & Quick) in BL501 and WT902 (399yen)
Friday, 30 March 2007
The star products of the line are: Majolook eyeshadow palettes (1470yen-1575yen), Shadow Customise (single eyeshadows, 525yen), Lash Expander and Lash Enamel Glamour mascaras (1260yen) and Neo Automatic Liners (1260yen). Lash Expander was so popular at one point that it was sold out for a couple of months in 2006 before Shiseido could re-stock it. Lash Expander claims to lengthen lashes up to 15 times (obviously an exaggerated claim since your lashes would be brushing your hairline if that was true!) while Lash Enamel Glamour is a volumising mascara. Lash Expander is a fibre-based mascara while Lash Enamel Glamour is not. I've actually never tried either Lash Expander or Lash Enamel Glamour although I've CP'd dozens of them for friends as I'm not a big fan of comb-type or waterproof mascaras given my fragile skimpy lashes. My favourite products from MM are the single eyeshadows in GR664, SV821, BL724, BR710 and the MJ Spice in RD Sensual Spice. The Compact Fantasia is my most treasured MM item, love how the egg-shaped compact nestles perfectly in my palm. I also adore the brightly coloured Majewel compacts from Spring 2005. However, I must say MM's recent collections have not been as attractive as before such as their Majolook Frame Impact series which frankly had very strange colour combinatons. The only hit from the Spring '07 Like a Doll collection was the MJ Spice range, which was just too cute! The upcoming blue-themed summer '07 Mermaid collection looks like it may be very difficult to pull off for ladies who are no longer in their teens.
MM has a fantastic official website that is updated with a Flash presentation with each new collection. You can also view the presentations for previous collections on the website. Each collection is showcased as a "Chapter" in the MM Theatre. Do check it out!
I first got into Kiss when I came across a "lucky bag" promotion in December 2006 where sets with 10 Kiss items that had a total retail value of 8400yen were being sold for the bargain price of 1890yen. Many of the items in the photo above were from various lucky bag sets, limited edition and hence no longer available. Mascara Glamorous Volume WP was voted the top mascara in 2006 at Cosme.net which is the largest Japanese makeup review website. I find the Rouge Melty Syrup to be quite moisturising with a distinctive berry scent but the shade selection is very limited. The eyeshadow palettes do not have the most glamorous packaging but the quality of the eyeshadows, which are all shimmery, is just as good as many department store brands. The colour payoff is excellent when applied with the included sponge applicator and using the cream shade (there's one in every palette) as a base.
Mat Chiffon Powder #01 Lucent Rose and Moist Angel Powder R #1 Translucent
Moist Angel Powder R (1680yen, 6g, right in the pic) was released by Kiss in September 2006 while Mat Chiffon Powder (1680yen, 9g, left in the pic) was just released earlier this month. I've tried both and they're both excellent with a very finely milled, silky texture that goes on like a dream. The puff included is also very soft and feels great against my skin. Moist Angel Powder #1 Translucent is a very light beige while Mat Chiffon #1 Lucent Rose is a very pale pink-toned white. Both apply mostly translucent but Mat Chiffon #1 Lucent Rose give a slightly more dreamy finish. Moist Angel Powder currently has an average 4.6 star rating on Cosme.net while Mat Chiffon has an average 6 star rating (but that is out of only 2 reviews). Here's another pic of Mat Chiffon with the included powder puff.
Kiss is produced by Passion NY which also makes the Susie NY brand. Kiss is currently sold only in Japan so I highly recommend checking it out if you get a chance to travel to Japan! The official website is http://www.kiss-cosmetics.com
The interior has enough space to fit a sponge but the case does not come with anything to separate the sponge from touching the top of the foundation. I've filled it with a Revue foundation pan, which as you can see does not fit perfectly. By the way, the case is too small to fit Shiseido brand foundation pans.
The case retails for 1050yen in Japan. Made in Japan. The official website is http://www.albion.co.jp/top.html