Wednesday 8 April 2015

Body & Soul Cosmetics Relaunch in Japan

Body & Soul Cosmetics has just relaunched in Japan in the Loft and Tokyu Hands stores with a trio of mineral-based suncare products, a UV Aqua Cream, UV Aqua Mist and UV Aqua Spray. Each product is available in two scented, Night Blooming Jasmine and Island Breeze. The full makeup range is slated to follow in July. Originally launched in 1996, at the height of its success, Body & Soul retailed in Barneys New York and Sephora stores in the US. It was also briefly available in various Asian countries including Singapore. I have vague memories of it, including owning one of their lip glosses in a tin but the brand never seemed to evolve much from its vintage styling. It'll be interesting to see how this new revival performs in the ultra-competitive Japanese market. Of all the beauty brands that have become defunct over the years, this was certainly not one that I expected to be resurrected.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Haru, I am an American who did love these cosmetics. I am trying to purchase, but it looks like the products can not be purchased on their website. Your post was from two years ago. Do you know if the cosmetics are for sale or if they never re-launched. Thanks for your help

Haru said...

hi there,
I haven't come across any more news about this brand so I'm afraid I don't know.