Saturday 15 December 2007

Awake Star Illusion Eyes EX3

When I first saw Awake Star Illusion Eyes EX3 Rosa Nova, I was worried that the shades would turn out too pale and non-descript on me when applied. But I was delighted when it turned out to be a true beauty in real life! The overall effect is a lovely feminine mauve look that is suitable for both day and night.

When I was trying it out, I made the mistake of trying to apply the white base shade with the brush applicator. When the brush had difficulty picking up any product, I used my finger instead and discovered that the white base shade is actually a cream shadow! It's similar to the shimmery pale base shades in the Aube Jewellery Shower Eyes palettes except that the Awake one feels less emollient and is less sparkly. The rest of the eyeshadows are all powder eyeshadows with an excellent silky texture. The top left shade is a very pale lavender with a fine shimmer. The top right shade is an intensely shimmery smokey mauve shade with silver sparkle that really pumps up the lustre factor. The liner shade is a dark grey-toned brown with fine silver pearl.

The texture of the powder eyeshadows is virtually identical to the Reflectance Eyes palettes with the same excellent colour payoff and lovely fine shimmer that is not too over-the-top. They also lasted well over several hours without fading, creasing or sparkles falling all over my face (a problem that I encounter with the Jill Stuart Brilliance Eyes palettes).


EX3 Rosa Nova is a bit similar to Reflectance Eyes E6 Lilac Shadow (left in the pics) but I would say that the shades are different and unique enough to warrant having both as there are no duplicate colours in the 2 palettes. EX3 Rosa Nova produces a more rosy mauve toned look while E6 Lilac Shadow is more lilac purple. Personally I feel that EX3 Rosa Nova is more flattering on me and I can see it becoming one of my favourite Awake palettes as it's just so pretty and easy to wear. The shades are a absolute no-brainer in terms of figuring out how to apply and blend them and the finished result is pretty, classy and sophisticated.

All in all, I would definitely put this on your must-buy list for Spring '08! Don't forget the Star Illusion Eyes paletes are all limited edition so do get hold of them before they are gone :-) In Tokyo, Awake is available at Seibu department store in Ikebukuro, Isetan department store in Shinjuku and Tokyu department store in Shibuya.

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Both palettes look terrific! I think the cooler purple one would be right up my alley! =D