Monday 14 July 2008

Jill Stuart Brilliance Eyes

It is being reported on 2Channel that Jill Stuart will be discontinuing its Brilliance Eyes #2 Crystal Jade, #4 Gem Amethyst and #7 Jewel Violet. That is a royal shame as these are the loveliest palettes that JS has in its current range. The Seductive Eyes series have yet to impress me as much as Brilliance Eyes, mainly because the eyeshadows in the Seductive Eyes line come in a range of different textures, some of which are not a intensely pigmented as the eyeshadows in Brilliance Eyes are all largely of the same intensely shimmery, pigmented texture.

Given the proliferation of pink and purple-themed palettes in Jill Stuart's range, it is surprising that they are choosing to discontinue their more unique palettes such as #2 Crystal Jade and #7 Jewel Violet. But the real beauty that I will miss is #4 Gem Amethyst which is a gorgeous palette of soft lilac, steel grey and baby pink. My advice for anyone who doesn't have these in their makeup stash yet? Get these beauties before they are gone for good.

3 comments:

kuri* said...

Oh no! The last thing I need is more eyeshadow, but if they're discontinuing them, I think I'm going to have to buy all three.

Haru said...

Hey Kuri,

I already own all of the three palettes that are going to be discontinued and I would say definitely #2 and #4 are worth getting. #7 is not really my cup of tea although I know some people who really love it.

kuri* said...

Thanks! I will go investigate #2 and #4 then. My wallet will be happy about skipping #7.