Saturday 21 March 2009

Spring & Rebecca Taylor Mook

Dropped by the Kinokuniya store in Bugis Junction today and to my delight, there was one last copy of the new May issue of Spring (S$14.90) with the gold Paul & Joe Sister cat charm freebie! I didn't expect the magazine to arrive until next week as the release date was supposed to be 23 March. It also includes a slim gold chain that you can wear with the heart charm as a necklace.





Love the print on this P&J Sister dress!



The next issue of Spring will come with a Jill by Jill Stuart vanity pouch, with a print similar to the tote that came with Swak. Something else to look forward to!


I also picked up the Rebecca Taylor mook (S$31) which comes with a lunch tote with a plastic cat charm with gold glitter flecks. No sign of the Jill Stuart mook though, probably next week.




The tote is made of a soft cloth. The 64-page magazine features an interview with the designer, the new Spring/Summer '09 collection of clothes, accessories and shoes.


This charm bracelet (10,500yen) is just too cute!


Also picked up some hairclips from Accessorize :-)


All the May issues of Voce, Maquia and Vivi are also out but I skipped these as I've bought way too many magazines this month. Maquia comes with a scrunchie and ROC retinol skincare while Vivi features Ayumi Hamasaki on the cover, with a photoshoot in Hawaii. Voce comes with a false eyelash and glue kit, plus the usual detailed tutorial. I did not see Biteki though.



17 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
delurking to say that I saw the jill stuart emook at kino yesterday. Think it was going for around $35. Btw, thanks for all your informative posts~ Really helps me to keep up to date on all the jp collections in sg.

Jamilla Camel said...

ooooh! You got the cat charm! You are so lucky to have all those mags available to you. I do subscribe to VoCE, and my new issue should be waiting for me when I get home on Saturday.

Very Kawaii!

Anonymous said...

Hi Haru,

Thanks for this update! Am looking forward to the Jill Stuart pouch, even though I already have the two earlier similar shaped pouches (PnJ and Rebecca Taylor). The strawberry print is just too sweet!

I think I saw Biteki on Friday evening, but I don't recall it looking very interesting.

✿Ji✿ said...

The kitty charm is really pretty!<3

Catherine said...

I have to admit, I am a little jealous the US has such a poor collection of magazines compared to other places in the world! Those all look so cute and fun.

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Haru said...

Hi Laura,
Anna Tsuchiya is on the April cover of Vivi. I'm pretty sure it's Ayumi on the May cover :-)

Hi Visee!

I'm also looking very much forward to the JS pouch, as I also have the P&J and Rebecca Taylor pouches! In fact, I'm using the Rebecca Taylor pouch on my current trip in Israel :-)

Anonymous said...

I saw the Spring mag too. When I was at Kino around noon on Sat, there was about 10 over copies. Must be really selling fast.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I managed to grab a copy of Biteki on Sat. It's my first Japanese mag after so many years! haha

The mag basically features lots of whitening products and latest summer make-up.

The free gifts are:

Dior package which consists of a big sample of their whitening powder foundation and a sachet of whitening essence.

They also throw in a circular container with lid that has carvings of doramon on it.

xxevexx said...

i bought May issue of Biteki last friday!

Anonymous said...

Hiya Iris,

I got the Spring mag and the Cath Kidston Mook. Broke now... =S

Jill Stuar Mook is out at Kino Orchard. Saw it yesterday. Selling for $31. It comes with a free black umbrella with a cat print if I remember correctly. =)

Anonymous said...

Hey Haru, I'm so looking foward to the JS pouch in the next issue! Do you have any idea when it's going to be out here?

You always managed to get all the nice mags with awesome freebies, but by the time i saw your posts and get to kino, it's always sold out.

Haru said...

Hi Janice,

You can actually call Kino to reserve the mags after they get the shipments (usually on Wednesdays and Fridays for the air shipments) and Kino will hold it for you for 3 days. Kino does not take advance reservations but they take reservations after they get the mag in stock.

The next issue should be out the Wed/Fri following April. Sometimes Kino brings in the mags a couple of days before the official release date in Japan so if you really want it, best to check with Kino directly on which shipment it will be in.

Hi AhCapp,
I'm still thinking about whether to get the JS mook. The lipstick print doesn't appeal to me that much so $31 is a lot to shell out. I'm wondering whether to get Biteki instead for the Doraemon case and Dior samples!

Emma said...

Wow the free gifts you get with Japanese magazines are quality! UK has rubbish gifts - horrible bags mainly.

Anonymous said...

Hi Iris,

here is the pic of the Jill S mook's umbrella =)

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/x_nekohime_x/article?mid=39803

Anonymous said...

Hi Haru, when will the next issue of Spring with the Jill by Jill Stuart pouch get here? How much does it normally go for and around when it will be at Kino? I have never bought japanese mags so I have no idea. Thanks for your help!
Rach

Haru said...

Hi Rach,
The release date in Japan is April 23 so I think Kino should bring it in on Friday April 24 for the stores in Singapore as Wednesdays and Fridays are the air shipment dates. You can check directly with Kino on when the mag is expected to arrive. It usually costs S$14.90.