Sunday 1 November 2009

Dior Cristal Boreale

Aside from MAC, Chanel, Clarins and Dior have also launched their Christmas collections at the counters in Singapore. I was most interested in the Dior Cristal Boreale collection but after swatching the new quints at the Tangs Vivocity counter, I felt that this was a collection that I could safely pass on. #089 Smoky Crystal looked gorgeous in the display, but when swatched, none of the shades really stood out and in fact, looked a bit dull although the textures were incredibly smooth and pigmented. #169 Purple Crystal looked too similar to the other lilac/purple-themed Dior quints that I already had. I tried swatching the pale mint green shade in the top left corner and could hardly get any pigment on my fingertip.


The Cristal Boreale Gloss Pendant comes in 2 shades for the Asian market and retails at S$100. But again, it just did not look special enough to me to justify the purchase.

5 comments:

Sheila said...

I wasn't very impressed with the eyeshadows either when I usually get one from each season. I did end up getting the pendant.

You guys got a good deal for the pendant though! It costs $90 Canadian Dollars here, but if it costs S$100, it converts to only $77 CAD. And you guys get 2 colours to choose from too, haha.

Haru said...

Hi Sheila,
I was surprised that the pendant is cheaper here, although the eyeshadow quints are more expensive than the US. It's quite common for Dior to release more items/shades for the Asian markets, not sure why that is though. The lipgloss in the pendant looked quite average, so I didn't bother swatching it. I would never wear something like it, which is why it didn't really appeal to me.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for OT but can you recommend any website for Japanese magazines "Biteki" scans? I don't live in NYC but still really interested in them. Also thanks for all the magazines scans already!

Sheila said...

Hi Haru,

I've noticed that there are more shades for Asian markets too! For Summer 2009, you guys got the Graphic Lights palette as well. I was so in love with that palette I ended up ordering it on Sasa.

I believe this is one of the few items that is cheaper in Asia. The eyeshadow palettes are $58 CAD and lippies are around $32-34 CAD. I don't know how that compares to Singapore.

Thanks so much for a reply =)

Anonymous said...

Anyone who is still interested in stocking up YSL Beaute, their products are still available at DFS Scotts Road.