Friday 18 November 2011

Crabtree & Evelyn Hello Kitty Christmas Sets

Earlier this week, Crabtree & Evelyn released eight limited edition Hello Kitty Special Christmas Sets that could be purchased exclusively by their members over two days. Three of the prints had earlier been featured on the bags given as gifts with purchase back in June.

Rosewater, Iris, Gardeners and Nantucket Briar (above) were released on Wednesday while Citron, Lavender, La Source and Summer Hill (below) were released on Thursday. Each store only received 200 sets, and members could purchase a maximum of four each at a 50% discount off the regular price of $115. Naturally, these proved to be crazily popular with queues forming in advance of the stores' opening times. Members could also purchase all other C&E products at 30% to 50% off, so it was a great time to shop for Christmas gifts.

The Centrepoint store was completely sold out by the time Mag, Kas and I passed it on Wednesday afternoon. On Thursday morning, I managed to get to the Ngee Ann City store bright and early, and snagged three Summer Hill sets and one Citron for us. By the time the store opened at 10.30am, the queue had already snaked all around the store (although it was nothing compared to the overnight queue for the Versace for H&M collection released yesterday).

The prints are just positively darling!

The cases appear to be waterproof or splash-proof with ample room to fit three full-sized C&E products. Each case has two zip compartments plus a detachable mesh pouch in the center. I found the cases to be more well-made with better material compared to the GWP bags released in June.



The Citron set comes with the Bath Gel 250ml, Body Lotion 250ml and Body Scrub 175g, while the Summer Hill set includes the Bath Gel, Body Lotion and Body Powder 75g.




While C&E has done a really nice job with these Hello Kitty sets, I wish that they could have simply produced larger quantities to satisfy customer demand. The queues to go into the stores and the separate queues to make payment were interminably long and arduous as there was usually only one or two cashiers. I didn't have to queue to pay as I selected my items very quickly but at some stores, the customers had to wait two hours just to pay.

6 comments:

effortgirl said...

I can't believe u got these. I wanted e HK gardener's set released on Wed but decided to go for Watsons closed dr sale instead.

Plus I still have crabtree la source creams that I haven't used.

But these were such a good deal at 50% off!

Haru said...

I would have liked to get the Nantucket Briar set as well as I love the Hello Kitty print for that but sadly, it was all snapped up! The Watsons sale was very attractive too :-)

Anonymous said...

Awww... they are so cute and lovely!

My pal from Hongkong just told me they have these HK sets in HKG too but at 30% off.

They offering different range in the set too.
http://www.crabtree-evelyn.com.hk:8888/edm/kitty.htm

Jamilla Camel said...

Very cute! The Liberty Hello Kitty items are selling like hotcakes in the UK - and fortunately, Boots has a large stock!

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE!!!! awesome purchase you got!! XD

http://nicolesmirror.blogspot.com/

Jacqueline said...

I saw the aftermath on Thursday night and I was wondering what was going on. The HK sets are super cute. I wonder what is it about HK that gets Singaporeans so hot and bothered?