Saturday 26 January 2013

Guerlaine Coup de Foudre and Attrape-Coeur Swatches

For its spring 2013 collection, Guerlain released two limited edition Écrin 4 Couleurs Long Lasting Eyeshadows (US$59).

#501 Attrape Couer is a rather standard purple/mauve quad while #502 Coup de Foudre is an unusual orange coral and mossy green quad that has been causing quite a stir on MakeupAlley, where it has quickly become known by just its initials.


These swatches were done with bare skin without any primer. All the shades in Coup de Foudre swatched very nicely whereas the shades in Attrape Couer required more layering. The eyeshadows have a luxurious velvety texture.

While I was impressed by the color payoff of Coup de Foudre, it was ultimately a pass for me as the coral was too orange-toned. Mossy greens also tend to make my complexion look dull. Still, it's certainly one of the most unusual eyeshadow palettes released by Guerlain in years.


Attrape Couer is much less interesting in comparison and can be easily duped. This didn't seem to justify the high price tag to me. From this collection, I only purchased the Meteorites Perles du Paradis, which I will receive only in a few weeks as I ordered them from Nordstrom.


As it's still the depth of winter over here with the temperature at zero degrees most days, it was a pleasant surprise when my orchids bloomed suddenly over the past week. Based on last year's experience, these blooms can be expected to last for several weeks.


No comments: