Saturday 12 January 2013

Recent Sales Acquisitions - Sephora, Zara Home & Etam

The Sephora store in France was having a post-New Year sale with 50% off on several By Terry products, so naturally I ended up purchasing a few. As By Terry's price points are cringingly exorbitant, I rarely indulge at full price.

This Laque de Rose #4 Infernal Rose is packed with the hydrating qualities of Baume de Rose and the "vibrant color of an armful of roses". It contains regenerating rose essential wax, lipid-replenishing floral oils and anti-aging ceramides, plus SPF15.

Although it states "intensive shimmer" on the box, the gloss is actually shimmer-free and applies as a glossy translucent watermelon red tint with a slick texture that feels very comfortable on the lips. I purchased this for €17.50, which is still not cheap but the amount of product is quite generous at 7ml.

This lasted about 2-3 hours on my lips without significant feathering. I liked the soft rose scent which doesn't come across as being too artificial.

Next are the Eclat de Teint Color Skin Enhancer #2 Glowing Rose and #10 Sweet Melon. These emulsions are designed for combating skin dullness and also act as a smoothing correcting veil. I haven't played with these yet.


Most beauty aficionados know Terry de Gunzburg as the creator of YSL's iconic Touche Eclat correcting highlighter pen. It's little surprise that her own line features a number of similar products. The Eclat de Teint Pinceau is a multi-correction radiance brush that is a travel-friendly version of Eclat de Teint. I purchased this in #1 Flash Rose (neutralises dullness) and #2 Tungsten Mauve (for anti-redness). The glowy fluid is dispensed by pushing the button at the end. This was easy to control. I use Flash Rose mostly around the eye area (after applying concealer) to help my eyes look less tired. The effect is very subtle.

Benefit 10 was on clearance at 70% off. This is a bronzer and highlighting powder duo. It's not something I would purchase at full price as I hardly ever use bronzers but with the price reduced to just €9.60, why not?


With all the grey rainy weather over here, I'm impatient for spring to get here. In the meantime, I'm adding some much-needed color to my house with a new table cloth from Zara Home's sale.

Also picked up this sofa throw weaved in a cheerful rainbow of colors.


From Etam, I also picked up these two pairs of room shoes which should serve well through the rest of these chilly days. If you visit France, I highly recommend Etam for their inner and homewear ranges.

1 comment:

The Unprofessional Beauty Blog said...

That By Terry lipgloss looks lovely on you :)