Sunday 23 June 2013

Essence Me & My Ice Cream

At Manor yesterday, I found the new Essence Me & My Ice Cream collection in charming pastel tones. See the collection details here.

Scream: ice cream! There’s nothing more refreshing than a fruity or creamy ice cream on a hot summer’s day. Essence invites you to make a quick stop at an ice cream cart in july 2013 with the trend edition “me & my ice cream”. Soft sorbet shades like beige, vanilla, apricot, pink, lavender and mint as well as awesome products in a cool retro look will melt your heart. look forward to eyeshadows in soft nuances with a marbled texture, three lip balms with a color twirl, a creamy blush, shimmer pearls with perfectly aligned shades and nail polishes in gorgeous pastel tones.

I couldn't resist hauling pretty much all of the collection except for the nail polishes and lip balms. The Shimmer Pearls 01 I-CY U (CHF5.25, 14g) are a melange of pastel lavender, mint, yellow and peachy pink balls. These are made in Taiwan.

The shimmer is very refined and subtle, similar to Guerlain Meteorites so it won't look like obvious glitter bits on the face.

The baked Eye Shadows in 01 Cone Head, 02 Icylicious and 03 Always in My Mint (CHF4.50) are made in Italy.



The Hand Wipes (CHF2.25, 15 pieces) have a strawberry ice cream fragrance that is very artificially sweet, reminding me of Strawberry Shortcake for some reason.


The Nail Topping Sticker 01 Rainbow Sprinkles (CHF3.50) contains 16 stickers, quite an odd number but perhaps some of the stickers can be split into two if your nails are relatively short.


Cream blush 01 Ice Bomb (CHF4.50)

I also came across the Ticket To Paradise collection that was pretty much wiped out. The three shimmery cream eyeshadows in this looked promising but there was no stock left aside from the much abused testers. See the collection details here and some swatches on Parokeets.

Below is the Guerilla Gardening collection released earlier in May. I snapped these some weeks ago but never got around to posting it. It includes cream blushes, eyeshadows, lipglosses, nail polishes, a tiny fan brush for nails and nail effect powder for creating a velvet finish. See the collection details here.





3 comments:

Nini said...

The Dosplay of the 'Me and my Ice cream' Edition is sooo cute.
I think, I have to buy the Shimmer Pearls :)

http://Zuckerwattewunderland.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I wuld like to have this collections me and my ice cream I keep looking every site to find this coz I can't find it here on store in Australia. hope you could help. thanks Mei

Haru said...

Hi Mei,
Sorry, this collection sold out quite long ago in the stores over here. Perhaps you can try Ebay?