Sunday 4 August 2013

Anna Sui Haircare Kit

Released earlier in June, this Anna Sui Haircare Kit caught my eye due mainly to the glittery gold case. I purchased it from Gooddealer.com where it retails for US$39.61 (versus the Japan retail price of 3675yen). It includes a Rose Hair Shampoo (60ml), Rose Hair Conditioner (50ml) and a Hair Shampoo Brush. Everything is made in Japan, save for the pouch which is made in China.

The pouch is very well made with a large metal rose charm on the zip. The interior is lined in black, with a slip pocket under the lid. The size (15.5cm x 10cm) is roomy but still small enough to function as a convenient travel case.



I love the sweet rose scent of both the shampoo and the conditioner, which work well with my dry hair. The conditioner has become a fast favourite as it leaves my hair detangled, soft and frizz-free with just a subtle rose scent. It also rinses off easily without making my hair feel greasy or weighed down. The 50ml/1.7oz tube is barely enough for 10 applications though. Beauty.com stocks the regular size (7oz) for US$24.

The shampoo brush is cute and sturdily made but I have to admit that I do not use it regularly as it's just faster to use my fingers for a good scalp massage.

Below are the ingredient lists.


Overall, it was pretty pricey considering that the shampoo and conditioner will probably last a maximum of two weeks with daily use but I have no regrets purchasing it as I adore the pretty case and the products did work well with my hair. The shopping experience with Gooddealer (based in Hong Kong) was also smooth and my items arrived well-packaged with a good selection of samples thrown in.

No comments: