Tuesday 14 October 2008

NARS Blush Haul

I've ranted about NARS' terrible rubber packaging recently on this blog but when a friend went to Hong Kong last weekend and offered to help me buy stuff, I couldn't resist asking her to help me pick up another two NARS blushes.

I was intrigued by the description of Oasis as a "sparkling pink champagne". Since it had quite good reviews on Makeupalley, I decided to go for it. When I received it, I was delighted to find that it is a pinker version of Sin with more obvious, chunkier gold glitter. The gold glitter doesn't bother me much as it's not too over the top and the glitter falls off after some time. I had great difficulty getting Sin to show up on my MAC NC20 skin but Oasis shows up on my cheeks as a natural berry mauve flush with just a couple of strokes of the brush.

The overall finish is not frosty or over-the-top shimmery, so it's suitable for office. After 12 hours, it was still noticeable on my cheeks but not as pigmented as it was when I first applied it. This would be a good choice for ladies who prefer natural blushes that are not too bright red or blue-based dolly pinks.



I also purchased Mounia which is described as a "cinnamon coral" but when I received it, it looked more like a dark wine raspberry to me without any coral tones. It has a very fine micro-shimmer that is not very obvious unless you look at it closely under the light. I haven't tried it out yet but it looks very rich and gorgeous in the pan.



I paid S$83 for the two blushes, which is just a couple of dollars more than I would have paid if I had gotten the blushes CP'd from the US, so I was extremely pleased about that! My friend got them at a 10% discount thanks to her friend who had a Lane Crawford card.

Here's a pic of some of my NARS blushes (missing Taos, Exhibit A and Mounia).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I'm staying in HK and am reading your blog everyday to find out what's new today. I started to purchase Jill Stuart products after reading your blog and I really love them. Will definitely buy more when I go to Tokyo during end of Oct.

In case I go back to SG for holiday (which is most probably mid of Jan for meeting and end of Jan for CNY) I can help you to buy something from HK.

Cheers,
Fannie

Haru said...

Dear Fannie,

Thank you so much for your kind offer! I'm glad that you've found the blog helpful. I love to share my love of certain brands like Jill Stuart with my readers, as none of my friends in real life are into makeup at all.

Hope you have a great trip to Tokyo!

Anonymous said...

You have inspired me to pick up my NARS blushes again! Somehow, I don't like how the colors show up on me; I prefer blue-based dolly pinks :D