Sunday 25 September 2011

Operation Use It Up

Just cleared out another bunch of empties from my stash!

1. Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair Daily Treatment Conditioner: This helped to detangle my hair but I didn't find it as moisturising as Tsubaki's conditioners.


2. Biore UV Aqua Rich SPF30 PA+++: I love this sunscreen and will definitely re-purchase it as it is very affordable and feels completely non-greasy. I've been outdoors under strong sunshine frequently over the past few weeks and this helped to prevent my skin from burning (my skin gets burnt quite easily from just one to two hours' exposure).

3. Josie Maran Argan Oil Hair Serum: I've reviewed this here. This worked well for de-frizzing my hair but I didn't notice any significant long-term improvement in my hair.

4. Canmake Make Me Happy Fragrance Whip Wax: Formulated with camellia oil and rose water, this light whipped hair wax is supposed to help create and maintain an "airy style" with soft curls. It worked well for taming the flyaways without making the hair feel stiff. The fruity scent is quite light and I could not detect it after applying it.

5. Shu Uemura White Recovery EX+ Whitening Lotion: This refreshing lotion hydrates my skin without leaving it sticky, but I haven't seen any significant lightening of my skin pigmentation.

6. Shiseido Benefique NT Lotion: This was just an average toner.

7. Sample sizes of eye makeup removers from RMK, Ettusais, Etude House and Jill Stuart: These were all bi-phase removers that worked well for removing eyeshadow in a single swipe with eyeliners and waterproof mascaras requiring a bit more effort. The only one that stung my eyes a little was Ettusais Speedy Eye Make Off. I don't splurge on expensive eye makeup removers as Cleansing Express works well for me and is very affordable.

8. Fragrance samples of FlowerByKenzo Essentielle, Jimmy Choo, KenzoAmour and Flora by Gucci: I was surprised that I liked the Jimmy Choo fragrance, which is a modern fruity chypre fruity, with green top notes, tiger orchid, sweet toffee caramel and Indonesian patchouli. Flora didn't leave much of an impression on me while KenzoAmour garnered an unexpected compliment, which is always a pleasant surprise.

And finally, I also used up my L'Occitane Verbena Leaf Soap. I adore the refreshing scent and exfoliating effect but I noticed that it leaves the skin on my shins dry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

May I know what is the recommended age range for Shiseido Benefique? It's supposed to be a Japan's exclusive brand and most available information is in Japanese only :(

Haru said...

hi,
There isn't a recommended age range stated on the website but judging by the models for the brand, it's probably targeted at ladies in their 30s and above. There's a Benefique NT range for basic daily skincare needs (in an orange packaging) and a Benefique Renew range for anti-aging.
http://www.shiseido.co.jp/benefique/products/

Rachel said...

I love looking at use it up posts! Probably because I use up so few things myself :/ Anyway, thought you might be interested in this: Glow magazine comes with Biore Bright UV Face Milk (but looks like a smaller size than retail). http://kinokuniyapromotions.blogspot.com/2011/09/english-magazines-freebies-at-books.html

Since Glow's quite cheap, you might be interested :)