Sunday 4 September 2011

Paul & Joe Portable Lip Brush

I picked up the Paul & Joe Portable Lip Brush some time ago at Isetan when I needed to spend just a bit more to qualify for a gift with purchase. I can't remember how much it costs exactly but I think it was under S$30. It retails in Japan for 2100yen and on Beautyhabit.com for US$18.

Since then, the elegant brush has become a staple in my makeup pouch as I hate dipping my finger into pot lip glosses and lip balms.

I love the sleek metal packaging, which features Paul & Joe's signature chrysanthemum motif. The brush half slides in and out of the holder half smoothly without any squeaky metal-scratching sounds. The small metal knob helps to hold the brush half securely in place while you are using it. When you pull the brush half out of the holder half after using it, the brush falls back fully into its metal tube so there is no risk of splaying when you cap it.


The nylon brush has a gently tapered tip that fits the contours of the lips nicely. It picks up lip colours easily and applies them evenly all the way to the corners. After using it, I clean it with a piece of tissue before re-capping it. I wash it every other week and haven't noticed any shedding so far.

Side view of the brush.

I highly recommend this if you are looking for a retractable lip brush!

3 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

So pretty - just like everything from Paul and Joe!

luv2smilexo said...

that looks really nice. I'm loving the sephora professional retractable lip brush right now.

Anonymous said...

the pink one from SASA is good too.. and only about $4. :)