Saturday 17 September 2011

Urbay Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner and Glide-on Shadow Pencil Swatches

While I love Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eye Liners and MAC Superslick Liquid Eyeliners, I've been waiting forever to see the new Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliners in person. I finally got to see them today and couldn't resist picking up a couple of my usual shades. The Eyeliners are retailing at S$32 at Sephora in Singapore, versus US$20 (about S$25) in the US, £14 (S$28) in the UK and 18€ (S$31) in France.

The liquid eye liner has a super fine brush and contains 1.7ml of product (same as Stila sparkle eye liners whereas MAC Superslick Eyeliners contain 1.8ml). Like the Stila liners, the UD version is also made in Germany (where apparently two companies make the majority of eyeliners for all the major brands).

Of the eleven shades available, I was naturally drawn to Retrograde (shimmery dark purple) and Siren, a shimmery teal that looks darker than Stila's Sparkle Liner in Electric.

Below are swatches of ten of the shades (excluding Retrograde).

Left column (top to bottom): Eldorado, Bobby Dazzle, Revolver, Radium, Siren, Smog
Right column: Woodstock, Demolition, Perversion, Sabbath

Most of the shades are wonderfully pigmented and layer easily for an intense, opaque finish. Woodstock and Eldorado appear to be more sheer than the rest. I love the metallic finish of the shimmery shades like Bobby Dazzle and Revolver. These set fairly quickly and once they dry, they did not budge, smear or flake at all when I tried rubbing them off with tissue. I was able to remove them with eye makeup remover.

I also purchased the 24/7 Glide-on Shadow Pencil in Delinquent, a lovely rich royal purple with sparkles that didn't look like any shade in my current stash.

Top row (left to right): Barracuda, Wasteland, Lit, Clash
Bottom row: Sin, Clinic, Retrograde, Barracuda,


For the pic below: top row - Lit, Clash, Midnight Cowboy, Morphine
Bottom row: Retrograde, Barracuda, Narc, Rehab, Mercury


I also did some quick swatches of the Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color: (from left to right) Adrenaline, F Bomb, Crush, Big Bang, Punch Drunk.

True to the name, these apply smoothly for an intense pop of colour and they felt quite emollient. Although I liked the vibrant pink of Adrenaline, I'm just not a fan of jumbo lip pencils that require sharpening. Furthermore, Milani offers a much cheaper version with very similar shades.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

delinquent looks soo gorgeous...how about staying power? I mean how long does it last before you reapply on the eyes?

Haru said...

hi,
I haven't tried it out yet but you can read reviews on Makeup & Beauty Blog, Temptalia and Sephora.com. I'll post a review after I've tried it out.

Zu said...

Hi Iris, what's the price for Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color and Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliners in Spore? Thanks!

Jamilla Camel said...

I have a lot of the UD 24/7 pencils, but have yet to try the liner! Thanks for enabling!

Haru said...

hi Zu,
I don't know the prices for Singapore (or whether they have arrived at Sephora in Singapore yet) as I purchased these in France.

luv2smilexo said...

I've been interested in these for a while. Thanks for the swatches! Those intense color lip crayons look soo bright

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review, I have set my eyes on Retrograde & Radium Liquid Eyeliner

Jacqueline said...

I love the Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Colour. I have been waiting for them to arrive, thanks for the swatches, I am definitely getting Adrenaline, Big Bang and Punch Drunk. Lip swatches please Haru! Are the liquid eye liners as easy to use as the Stila Sparkle eye liners?

Haru said...

hi Jacqueline,
I didn't purchase the lip colours so I can't do lip swatches. I'm really not a fan of lip pencils 'cos I am too lazy to sharpen them and I think they would gunk up the sharpener. I'll review the UD eyeliners after I've tried them out.

Lynn said...

I just realised that either the swatches must have been quite small...or your have a large hand! OMG, i can't believe you fit all these swatches onto the back of 1 hand!

Hannah said...

Hi Iris, do you find that UD's liquid liner Retrograde is similar to Stila's Royal?

Haru said...

hi Hannah,
Yes, I do find them to be similar but the Stila one wears slightly better on me. I'll do a review soon with comparison swatches!