Thursday 22 December 2011

Essence Circus Circus

Circus Circus, the latest "trend edition" collection by Essence, features rich, glittery hues of gold, hot pink and black gold for the holiday party season.

After spotting it at a supermarket in Switzerland, I couldn't resist picking up a few pieces: the Lip Lacquer 02 My Glammy Acrobat, Stay All Day Eyeshadow 03 My Sparkling Acrobat and Highlighter Powder 01 It's Magic. Essence is amazingly affordable. In total, these came up to just under S$20 with the most expensive being the Highlighter Powder which was 5.95 Swiss francs (S$8.30). Unfortunately, the store didn't have the four nailpolish duos which look amazing (see swatches on Parokeets and Nailderella).

It's Magic feels incredibly velvety and smooth when swatched.


Made in Italy, it looks less bronze-toned on the skin than it appears in the compact. The powder is very finely milled with microfine shimmer.


The Stay All Day Eyeshadow is a longlasting cream eyeshadow in a domed plastic pot.


03 My Sparkling Acrobat is a greyish black with fine gold shimmer. I haven't tried this out yet but it seems quite well-pigmented, judging by the swatches on Beaut.ie.


Lip Lacquer 02 My Glammy Acrobat is a rich magenta pink gloss with a doe-foot sponge applicator. This has quite a strong artificial candy scent fresh out of the tube. It contains a generous amount of product at 5.5ml and is also made in Germany, like the Stay All Day Eyeshadow.


3 comments:

The Lacquered Lady said...

I so want this collection to come to the United States. I just discovered their products, and they are lovely.

Kas said...

The Essence shelf here is practically WIPED OUT. Mag and I were so lucky we got there early and snagged what we wanted! I cant wait for these new collections to arrive here! Fingers crossed!!! :)

Haru said...

Hopefully Watsons will roll it out to more stores too!