Wednesday 1 February 2012

Operation Use It Up

The first month of the year has already flown by so quickly! Managed to clear out another bunch of beauty products from my stash this month. I've been trying to use up the dozens of samples that I've accumulated in an effort to de-clutter.


1. Garnier Fructis Color Resist Shampoo: This worked well with my dry hair and didn't make my scalp itch like the Essential Damage Care Rich Premier Shampoo did. I can't say how well it does in retaining the vibrancy of colored hair as my hair had already lost much of the red color from my last color job in October.

2. L'Occitane Citrus Verbena Shampoo: I love the refreshing verbena scent. It does contain sulfates but it didn't leave my hair excessively dry or tangled. It feels light enough to be used as a daily shampoo.

3. Nivea Color Protect Conditioner: This worked well enough for leaving my hair detangled but I still need to use a serum in the mornings to get rid of frizziness. Again, I can't say how well it protects hair color.

4. Crabtree & Evelyn Rosewater Bath & Shower Gel: I adore the lush, romantic rose scent of this entire line. Would definitely re-purchase except that I still have tons of other C&E bodycare products to use up.

5. Lancome Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Makeup Remover: This takes off eyeshadows usually in just one or two swipes of the cotton pad but with more stubborn mascaras like Anna Sui Perfect Mascara, it requires quite a bit more effort. It doesn't sting my eyes.

6. Perricone MD Citrus Face Wash: This works up a mild lather and cleanses well without stripping the skin or making it feel tight. However, I didn't quite like the scent.

7. Bifesta Moist Cleansing Lotion: Bifesta is the new brand name for Cleansing Express, which is made by Mandom. This is an excellent and very affordable alternative to cleansing oils if you are averse to oil in your skincare products. It removes makeup quickly and thoroughly, although I still prefer to use a separate eye makeup remover. I usually still follow up with a gentle face cleanser out of habit although this is a cleanser and toner in one.

8. H2O+ Clearwater Shower & Bath Gel: This lathers up lightly and doesn't dry out my skin. The light fresh scent doesn't linger strongly on the skin. I don't like this enough to want to repurchase it.

9. BareMinerals Purifying Facial Cleanser: This feels gentle on the skin and cleanses well without leaving it dry and flaky.

10. Cosme Decorte AQ Gentle Pure Washing Foam: This is a very watery, mild cleanser that doesn't strip the skin but it stung my eyes incredibly badly so I would not re-purchase this.

11. Kenzoki Melts On Contact Face Gel: This leaves my skin feeling hydrated and soft without being overly-greasy. The scent is also very soothing and calming.

12. Cosme Decorte Moisture Liposome: My skin just drinks up Moisture Liposome, which works well for prepping the skin before applying foundation. It is very expensive though, so I may not re-purchase it for awhile.

13. Chanel Hydra Beauty Serum: Like most Chanel skincare products, I find this too heavily fragranced and not exceptional in terms of its performance.

14. K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow: This is the only makeup product that I regularly use up every three months. It is super easy to use and gentler on the skin than most eyebrow pencils. This is the old version without the eyebrow powder.

1 comment:

Jan S said...

Save your empties! Tangs would usually have a voucher giveaway for empty beauty product containers in March :)