Saturday 15 December 2012

Laura Mercier Mini Lip Glacé Collection in Rich Berries

Recently, I ordered the Laura Mercier Mini Lip Glacé Collection in Rich Berries (US$48) from Nordstrom. There is another set in Soft Nudes but that looked too pale and sheer for my liking. I prefer lipglosses that give a healthy pop of color.

Rich Berries is somewhat of a misnomer as the shades are predominantly pink-toned rather than true berry hues. Each mini lip glace is 2.8g/0.1oz, which is pretty decent. I like the chic, compact packaging which is the perfect size for popping into even the tiniest purses.

The slanted doe foot sponge applicator pulls out of the tube with just the right amount of gloss at the tip for one lip, so usually I need to re-dip once or twice for one application.

From left to right: Violet, Rose, Sangria, Cerise and Brownberry.

Only Cerise is a cream shade without any shimmer particles. Violet is the most shimmery of the lot. I'm not a fan of the oddly artificial scent but once applied, it does not bother me.

I love the glossy, non-sticky texture of these lip glaces as they do not pool in fine lines or feather. While not as highly shiny as YSL Glossy Stains, they usually last a good three hours on my lips, eventually fading to a soft stain. They do transfer easily onto cups and require touch-ups after a meal. Cerise is shown in the pic below.

The pic below shows Sangria, my favourite shade in the set.


Made in the USA, I think the Rich Berries Lip Glacé set makes a perfect gift for a friend or for yourself for this holiday season. All the shades are easily wearable with a feminine grace and there is enough variety in the set to keep things interesting.

No comments: