Saturday 25 June 2011

Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner

Earlier this evening, Kas and I stopped by the Stila counter in Escentials at Tangs Orchard to swatch the Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eye Liners (S$32). Escentials is giving a 15% discount with purchase of any two regular-priced products until 30 July. With the Tangs Citibank 10% rebate, the liners worked out to just around S$25 each. The liners usually retail for US$22 in the US.

As you can see from the swatches, the eight shades are vibrant and full of eye-catching sparkle. Electric, Bora Bora and Sequins are the most intensely pigmented whereas I found Curacao and Royal to be more sheer, hence requiring more layers for an intense finish.

When I ran the swatches under running water, only Electric and Bora Bora ran while the other shades held fast. Strangely, these were also the two shades that left stains on my hand. The other shades rubbed off quite easily with some cleansing oil.


After using Curacao and Royal over the past week, I decided to pick up Electric and Sequins today.

I find the pointy sponge applicator to be super easy for lining both the upper and lower eyelids. The applicator allows one to draw a very fine line along the waterline of the lower lid. Once the eyeliner dries, it doesn't smudge or flake. Another plus point is that it also doesn't irritate my eyes at all (even when I accidentally touch my eyeball with the applicator). They are easily removed with Biore Makeup Remover for Eye & Lip.


The tube packaging and applicator of the Sparkle Liners are virtually identical to MAC's Superslick Liquid Eye Liners. Both products are made in Germany (where two factories reportedly make eyeliners for tons of brands). In the US, MAC Superslick Liners are US$17.50 for 1.8ml/0.06 fl. oz. while Stila Sparkle Liners are US$22 for 1.7ml/0.05fl.oz. I believe the MAC Superslick Liners are S$35 in Singapore.


The Stila counter also has the Travel Palettes in Stunning in Sayulita and Haute In The Hamptons in stock at S$29 each. The 15% discount does not apply to the Travel Palettes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look gorgeous, especially the purple one!

Mai said...

oh these look sooo pretty! Love the way you've applied them

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for the post! I have been dying to get my hands on Curacao, Temptalia's swatch was much more pigmented. Now I'm not sure I want it anymore. Bora Bora and Electric looks really nice. Do you find them harder to use as compared to pen style liquid liners?

Haru said...

hi Jacqueline,
I find these easier to control than some pen style liquid liners which tend to produce an uneven line. When I like about the MAC and Stila liners is that the applicator is slim enough for drawing a very fine line and then if you want a thicker line or more intense finish, you just layer over it. I have great problems using pen style liquid liners on my lower lashline (especially along the waterline above the lashes) to draw a smooth, even line. But the applicator of the MAC and Stila liners does the job quickly and nicely.

Hannah said...

Visited the counter last Friday. The SA said the promotion was to end on 30 Jun but was extended till today. Starry and Sequins were both OOS.