Sunday 22 January 2012

Anna Sui Beauty Mirror L and Muji Makeup Storage

For beautifully crafted makeup accessories, Anna Sui is by far and away the best in the business. Back in December, I received their Beauty Mirror L as a surprise going away gift.

Framed by Anna Sui's signature rose and butterfly motifs, the mirror is generously sized, standing at 10.8 inches tall and 8.5 inches wide. Made in Japan, the mirror feels quite weighty and has a decent width so it does not feel flimsy at all.




The hook allows you to adjust the chain and the angle of the mirror as you like.

The Beauty Mirror L was a limited edition item from last year's holiday collection. According to Maddy Loves, it was previously released in 2003. I'm not sure if it is still available at the counters in Singapore, where it was priced around S$91 (versus 6030yen in Japan). If you are in the US, it is still available on Urban Outfitters for US$58.

I keep the mirror on top of my Muji drawers, which holds the bulk of my makeup stash.


The Muji 6-drawer chests are perfect for organising makeup products as they come with adjustable dividers. They are very sturdy and easy to clean. Two of these are more than four years old and they still show no sign of wear and tear. Each costs S$56, which seems expensive but considering the number of years they will last you, they are a worthwhile investment. Toyogo offers much cheaper storage alternatives but nothing as functional and well-designed as this.

10 comments:

Jacqueline said...

My eyes are popping out! Oh gosh, so much make up, it is make up heaven for me. Do you girl friends come over and play with your stuff?

. : * justine * : . said...

I got the same mirror as a Christmas gift and I love it - so ornate and sturdy!! The MUJI drawers look fantastic - do you assemble them after you get them? Because I might shell out the shipping for them then (or try to buy them in HK and bring them home, if they are sold 'flat' to assemble later). My desk could use a lot of organization, not just makeup wise!

Me said...

I LOVE your makeup storage. And that Anna Sui mirror is divine. I enjoyed getting a peek inside one of your drawers. My eye went immediately to the P&J section. : )

Anonymous said...

Hi Iris,

May I know where the chest of drawers is from? It's simple and yet so beautiful! :)

Tracy said...

A great storage unit! I need to get something more efficient than my current unit. If only I had a muni around me!

Haru said...

Hi Jacqueline,
Nope, I don't share my makeup products with anyone for hygiene reasons.

Hi Justine,
The drawers are sold already assembled so they are probably too bulky to bring home from HK. Even lugging them home from the Muji store in Singapore was a bit of a problem unless you had a car.

Hi Zuzu's Petals,
Thanks! Love my P&J :)

Hi,
The white chest under the Muji drawers? It's from a furniture store called Interio in Switzerland.

Hi Tracy,
Thanks, hope you find a suitable one soon!

Minoueel said...

Paying for a functional piece of storage is worth every penny especially with such a huge stash of makeup.

Jamilla Camel said...

I NEED those Muji drawers!! Thanks for the reminder! Love the mirror!

Bun Bun Makeup Tips said...

I have the exact same Muji storage!! The $56 one! Yup, I love its sturdiness and the smoothness of its drawers. I previously got one from NTUC and promptly returned it the next day coz the drawers kept getting stuck and the edges weren't well-finished.

Anonymous said...

wow you have an amazing collection of make-up and a wonderful method of organizing it too!
sigh...the urban outfitters around my area hasn't had anna sui products in store for about 3/4years now ;-; the last time they did it was all opened and old and unfit for purchase.
oh and i have a question how often should we do "spring cleaning" for foundations and blushes and eye shadows?