Saturday 12 May 2012

Laura Mercier Turquoise Caviar Stick Eye Colour

Laura Mercier's new Belle Nouveau summer collection is dominated by dreamy milky pastels that I would normally pass over but it has a surprising gem in the form of Turquoise Caviar Stick Eye Color (US$24/£20.50 for 1.64g/0.05oz).

Made in Italy, the Caviar Stick Eye Color promises to be long-wearing, transfer and crease-resistant with a rich color payoff. Turquoise is a eye-catching vibrant teal that seems out of place in the Belle Nouveau collection.


The texture is buttery smooth, gliding onto the eyelids with zero tugging. It delivers impressively intense colour payoff in a single pass and is easy to smudge and blend out before it sets. In this respect, it beats Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-on Shadow Pencil hands-down as the UD version sets too quickly and is virtually impossible to blend.

It also lasted quite well over more than eight hours of wear without any primer underneath. There was some minor creasing at the inner corners but the shade remained fresh and vibrant and there was no transfer or smudging onto the lower eyelid.


Below are comparison swatches with other teal and turquoise eyeshadows and eyeliners in my collection.

I could not find an exact dupe for Turquoise Caviar Stick, which is brighter than Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Covet and has a richer green tone than the others. It also lacks the shimmer particles of MAC's Undercurrent Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner.

Laura Mercier is now available in Sephora stores in Singapore but I'm not sure if the Belle Nouveau collection has arrived yet. I purchased this at Fenwicks in London. If you have a soft spot for teals, this is a must-have for your collection.

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I have one of the caviar sticks in Amethyst and I absolutely love the quality of it. I agree with you when you said it is creamy and intense. It is so much better than MAC Shadesticks. I have been hoping to see new colours. Turquoise looks so pretty.

The Driveller Kate said...

Yeah, I want your entire arm. Love the way you rock those brights :)

kaying said...

that blue on your eyes compliments you so well! i have one blue eyes-product but it makes me look like a clown :(

Unknown said...

I came across your blog 2-3 years ago while researching some make-up products and Rouge Deluxe have been my go-to blog for make-up/beauty reviews since. I like how you're always so adventurous with different make-up products and looks and you really rock those bright lids and lips! Just wanted to say I really enjoy reading your blog and please keep up the excellent work.