Thursday 31 May 2012

L'Oreal Color Infallibles Swatches (Cannes Collection)

My FeelUnique.com order of the new L'Oreal Color Infallibles arrived today, together with a LMS Spotlight 24, which I decided to pick up after Gossmakeupartist recommended it. I actually placed two separate orders, as I missed out Magnetic Coral in my first order. Both orders were placed on 18 February. Magnetic Coral arrived in a small padded envelope after a week while the rest arrived in a box on 30 May.

The five new shades are all iridescent finishes, with a high-shine finish. These are more complex than previous Color Infallibles.

31 Innocent Turquoise is a glowy light turquoise with specks of pale yellow gold. The product was not evenly pressed into the pot, resulting in a gap on one side.

32 Sassy Marshmallow is a metallic silver with flecks of baby blue and light pink.


36 Naughty Strawberry is a sweet candy pink with flecks of pale yellow gold. My pot had a big clump of product clinging to the stopper.

37 Metallic Lilac is a dirty grey with the barest hint of lilac and flecks of pink.


39 Magnetic Coral is a sunny orange with flecks of yellow and pink.


Below are swatches on bare skin without any primer. Each swatch was 3-4 layers, with Magnetic Coral appearing to be the most sheer of the five. My favourite is Innocent Turquoise, which fortunately was not as pale and washed out as I'd seen in some swatches online. These are £6.99 each but FeelUnique still has the 30% discount offer going on, with purchase of three products from this collection if you sign up as a L'Oreal Insider. However, FeelUnique is no longer accepting orders from outside the EU, due to restrictions by L'Oreal.

If you are hunting down the Color Infallibles (which can be confusing as L'Oreal bizarrely releases the same shades with different names in different countries), the best online resources are Macnunu and Sakura Lovely.



8 comments:

Moni said...

the swatches look great!

very much in love with naughty strawberry, magnetic coral and Innocent Turquoise!!

. : * justine * : . said...

I really can't wait to get mine!!

I surprisingly really like Magnetic Coral - it can be sheered out so it isn't quite so orange, thankfully!

Pink Sith said...

GAH! I wish they had those colors here in the US. Beautiful swatches and pictures!! Thanks!

huiyan said...

I noticed a LMS light in the first image.. Does it really help in combating pimples?

Haru said...

Hi huiyan,
I only just started using the LMS so I can't say how well it works for me yet but it is recommended by Wayne Goss (gossmakeupartist on Youtube) whom I trust completely. He's the only makeup artist that I watch on Youtube.

Hi Elvira,
The US is getting six new shades too that look very promisinh, including a deeper green. Gotta hunt those down too!

Anonymous said...

My jaw just dropped at how beautiful these new colors are. I just discovered these this past month and I'm in love! Do you know when and if these will come to the US?

The Driveller Kate said...

What a shame they came a bit battered! These are looking more and more like their Armani sisters -- beautiful swatches, I can't chose a favourite out of these new shades.

Haru said...

hi Chris,
Six new shades were just released in the US: 557 Glistening Garnet, 337 Endless Sea, 996 Liquid Diamond, 556 Smouldering Plum, 335 Golden Emerald and 800 Bottomless Java. So my guess is that the US may not be getting the Cannes Collection.
http://makeupalley.com/m_142566961

http://www.beautystat.com/site/makeup/review-photos-swatches-loreal-paris-introduces-6-new-shades-infallible-eye-shadow-24-hr-colors-coming-july-2012/

Video of all six swatched:
http://0335fe2.netsolhost.com/wpb/new-loreal-infallible-eyeshadow-shades

http://0335fe2.netsolhost.com/wpb/new-loreal-infallible-eye-shadow-shades-swatched