Saturday 15 September 2012

Liberty Beauty Gift

Liberty in London just started offering an amazing beauty gift worth over £220 with purchase of £125. Since I had a £15 voucher from joining their members programme, I decided to stock up on REN skincare, selecting mainly masks, cleansers and toners for combating acne, pores and dullness. I've had good experience with their cleansers previously, and was keen to try more products from their range.

The gift is truly generous, comprising 18 products from several prestige brands.

The makeup items include an Ellis Faas Creamy Lips L109, Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Wheat 0.1oz, Hourglass Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara in Onyx 4.5g, Chantecaille Luminous Gloss in Lychee 4.5g and Trish McEvoy Beauty Booster Lipgloss Pretty Pink 0.2oz. The Creamy Lips usually retails for £22 but judging by the swatch on Drivel about Frivol, it looks like a muddy yellow beige shade that could be tricky to pull off. Fortunately, the Chantecaille and Trish McEvoy glosses are much easier to wear.

For pampering the hands, there is Aesop Reverence Aromatique Hand Wash 50ml, Cowshed Cow Slip Soothing Hand Cream 50ml and QMS MediCosmetics Hand Care 40ml.

For the body, there is Aromatherapy Associates Renew Rose Body Cream 40ml, Byredo Parfums Blanche Body Lotion 40ml, ESPA Energising Body Lotion 100ml and Decleor Aroma Confort Moisturising Body Milk 50ml.
Skincare products included Malin + Goetz Grapefruit Face Cleanser 29ml, Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant 13g, Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer and REN Hydra-calm Cleansing Milk 30ml. The sole legcare product was Margaret Dabbs Intensive Hydrating Foot Lotion 50ml.

I was most excited about the Diptyque Mimosa candle, as Diptyque candles are usually far too expensive for me to splurge on. Mimosa smells lovely, freshening up the room quickly even without being lit so I'll probably keep it around for awhile.

The pouch naturally features a Liberty print.

The kind SA at Kiehl's also gave me some samples of the new Orange Flower & Lychee body cleanser.

Don't you just love generous sample-stuffed beauty gifts? Beauty.com has a pretty good gift with $100 purchase at the moment, while Barneys.com will be running a beauty event from September 20-23 with a gift bag with $200 purchase (more details on Lola's Secret Beauty Blog).

5 comments:

The Driveller Kate said...

I love that REN glycolactic peel! I'm trying to be good and resist this GWP but you are not making it easy XD

Haru said...

I was so happy to finally be able to catch the Liberty beauty gift event! Most of the products are items that I would use so it was very worthwhile for me. I wouldn't wait too long if you are thinking of getting it!

Anonymous said...

Hi babe!
Is beauty.com a singapore website? Can u introduce some reliable singapore wedsite that sells skincare or makeup? other than strawberrrynet.
:D

Haru said...

Beauty.com is a US website that ships internationally, or you can use Vpost/Borderlinx to order from it. For Singapore websites, you can try Luxola. There is also Adambeauty.com based in Hong Kong which is very reliable.

Sara said...

Ohhhh, I saw this gift yesterday on Liberty's website. My first thought: must have it!!! Second thought: no, be reasonable, it's too much a splurge. But now that I saw it again here I think I can't resist it any more! :-D