Saturday 15 September 2012

Operation Use It Up

During my trips this month, I was able to use up a boatload of samples and travel-sized products. I usually try to bring just enough for the trip in order to free up space for my purchases!

Cle de Peau Gentle Balancing Lotion: This works nicely to refresh and moisturise skin, without making it feel sticky. Perfect for the humid summer weather.

L'Occitane Angelica Face Toner: This helps to refresh and hydrate skin, but it seems to make my skin get oily quite soon thereafter. This was a freebie with a magazine. I won't re-purchase it as I'll be switching back to Paula's Choice which is better able to address acne-prone skin. The ingredients list is below.

Paul & Joe Moisture Lotion N: This is the more deeply hydrating lotion by the brand. It has the usual orange scent and a light milky texture that takes awhile to absorb. This would be better for the harsh winter months or dry skin types.

RMK UV Face Protector SPF43: This is the revamped version with a higher SPF (the previous version offered SPF35). The light, non-greasy texture and subtle citrus scent is virtually identical to the original version. While it absorbs quite nicely and works well under makeup, it is not sweat proof. My husband used this and had whitish rivulets on his temples.

Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel: This anti-ageing peel mask did not tingle or sting at all, so it seems to be very gentle. My skin felt softer but not significantly smoother or more radiant.

Philosophy Summer Grace Shampoo, Bath & Shower Gel: This has a soothing but rather forgettable floral scent and does not strip the skin. I won't re-purchase this.

Rituals Yogi Flow Foaming Shower Gel Sensation: I love the Rituals shower gels for their beautifully scented dense foam. Yogi Flow is a sweet mix of Indian rose and sweet almond oil. It is pleasant enough but not as amazing as the mandarin-scented Fujiyama. This does leave my skin feeling slightly dry though. It contains sodium laureth sulfate. The ingredients list is below.

Pecksniff's Mood Therapy Happy Nourishing Conditioner, Happy Revitalising Shampoo and Alive Bath & Shower Gel: This set was provided in a hotel that I stayed in some time ago. None of these were particularly impressive.

Pantene Repair & Protect Conditioner: It's been awhile since I used Pantene haircare. This worked quite well for keeping my hair soft and tangle-free without any build-up.

Clarins Eau Dynamisante Shower Gel: This has an unusual bracing scent but I don't like it enough to want to re-purchase it. The ingredients list is below.

Clarins Satin-Smooth Body Lotion: True to the name, the light texture absorbs easily into the skin without making it feel greasy. There is a very light floral scent.

Some other sample sachets that I used up: L'Oreal EverPure Shampoo, Nuxe Fondant Body Scrub, Fekkai All Day Hair Plump and Beaute de Kose Ultimation Cleansing Cream. The Kose cleansing cream did not rinse off cleanly while the Fekkai plumping cream didn't do much for my hair at all. The Nuxe body scrub provided good exfoliating action. EverPure Shampoo is not hydrating enough for my hair.

1 comment:

Kas said...

I NEVER remember to keep my empties to do one of these posts - the moment something finishes, i toss it, almost too eagerly :P Pecksniff's is such a cutesy name!