Saturday 22 November 2008

Givenchy Haul

The Givenchy holiday '08 collection, Fireworks, was launched in Singapore last week and I finally had the chance to check it out today. I've never purchased anything from Givenchy before but I liked the look of the lilac-themed collection when I saw it online. Plus I'd been hoping to try out the new Phenom'Eyes mascara but unfortunately it was sold out again.

I fell in love with this Pop Gloss Crystal Lip Gloss 444 Plum By Night (S$36) immediately after swatching it on my hand. It's a very pigmented and intensely shimmery (but with no chunky glitter) berry lipgloss with pink and white mother-of-pearl particles in pink and white. The fireworks-motif on the packaging is a lovely touch too.



I'd been curious to check out the Poudre du Soir Shimmering Caresse (S$95) ever since I saw it in a Japanese magazine. It is described as a " sensual, flirty loose powder in a refined, mysterious amethyst glass bottle reminiscent of a woman's perfume bottle" and is beautifies the skin with pearlescent powders. The bottle feels luxuriously heavy and contains 16g/0.5oz of product.



The silky powder is a finely milled pearl beige with a lovely shimmer that's not too over-the-top.



It also comes with soft, sensual black powder puff that is the perfect size for applying on the body. I was especially delighted to discover that the Poudre du Soir comes a free lavender feather brush. The brush feels airy soft and can also be used to apply the Poudre du Soir except I'm not sure if it will end up wasting a lot of product.




I also received the GWP for purchases of over $130, that included sequined evening bag, a pocket mirror and a clutch of deluxe skincare samples, a mini beige Pop Gloss and Absolutely Givenchy miniature.








5 comments:

Kathi said...

That's a lovely haul! That gloss will look fab on you! I like how they give you nice GWPs in Singapore while here they would just feel too generous if they give you a tiny face cream sample with a €100 purchase lol

Anonymous said...

HI haru

i tried the givenchy mascara. I didnt like it at all. pls see my review
http://nutsaboutmakeup.wordpress.com/2008/11/23/beauty-review-givenchy/

nutsaboutmakeup said...

Hi haru

totally forgot to ask if the givenchy powder really leaves a scent?? is it shimmer or just glitter?

thanks

Haru said...

Hi,
I can't detect any scent in the Givenchy powder. It has shimmer, not chunky glitter.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the lovely photos- I am dying to try these Givenchy items!