Thursday 12 April 2012

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter 075 Lollipop

A few weeks ago, I picked up Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter 075 Lollipop at Monoprix in France. It launched awhile ago in Singapore and has just arrived in the UK as well.

There are only 14 shades available in France, versus a grand total of twenty in the US. The price is much higher in France at around €15.90, versus S$15.90 in Singapore, £8 in the UK and about US$6 in the US.

The quilted design on the translucent cap is a nice touch. The matching colour of the cap to the lip butter shade also makes it easy to pick out the shade you want if you own a few of these.

The clear window on the end is also helpful for see the actual shade and checking that the lip butter is still in pristine condition before purchasing it. At Monoprix, I came across one that had a gash across the top despite still bearing the factory sticker seal.

True to the name, it glides on to the lips with a superbly smooth consistency. The comfortable emollient texture reminded me of Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. I was also impressed by the almost opaque color payoff of Lollipop, which is a juicy fuchsia pink that brightens up the complexion.


On my lips, it wears well for about three hours. Although it feels comfortable on the lips and does not accentuate dry patches, I did not find it to be super hydrating as my lips still felt slightly dry after blotting it off.

There are hundreds of reviews of Revlon Lip Butters across the beauty blogs. Some utterly adore them while others aren't too impressed by them. Personally, I think it is pretty good for the price that you pay and definitely one of the better lipsticks by a drugstore brand that I've tried to date. I think prestige brands like Shiseido still win out in terms of quality but the Revlon Lip Butters are a good budget buy to play around with.

5 comments:

Camille Sugar said...

this one looks pretty. but the price difference is huge!

Hazelnutt said...

I saw the Lip Butters at abt 220 baht in Thailand... way cheaper than in the states.

Anonymous said...

Hi iris!

You wear lollipop much better than me! I look like a young girl wannabe ;)

Did you get other colors? I have about 15 of them now and my fav is peach parfait. I agree they are no replacements for high end brands but they are a good and cheaper alternative. :)

AhCapp

Haru said...

Hey AhCapp,
Nope, I only bought Lollipop to try as they are so expensive in France and Switzerland where it is CHF 18.90. Wow, you have amassed quite a big stash of them! :)

Sarah said...

Thanks for your review, I think I'll try them out!