Friday 20 April 2012

New Hair Color with Schwarzkopf Perfect Mousse

As it has been six months since my last dye job with Schwarzkopf Brillance, I decided to try out Schwarzkopf Perfect Mousse #688 Rouge Bordeaux. Like the Liese Bubble Hair Color, it is supposed to be simpler to apply than traditional hair dyes that have to be brushed on painstakingly layer by layer. It's quite affordable at €9 per box.

Schwarzkopf Perfect Mousse also promises to cover grey hair, unlike the Liese version. As my hair is quite long, I used two bottles, as recommended on the box. After applying it, I left it for about half an hour before rinsing off. Due to the abundance of product, I did get some foam dripping down the back of my neck while waiting. Nevertheless, it was quite easy to wipe off the foam without any permanent stains on my skin.

Rinsing out the dye took several minutes. As with most dyes, it takes a few washes before the color stops running, so one has to be extra careful not to inadvertently stain one's clothes, pillowcases or pale colored towels.

I was pleasantly surprised by how red the color turned out to be. There was also no staining of my scalp and hairline at all. My roots (which have not been dyed before) turned out slightly darker than the middle and end sections of my hair. The dye covered up my grey hairs quite well.


After using the conditioner included in the box, my hair felt slightly dry but relatively tangle-free, as you can see in the pic below (which shows my hair looking redder than it actually does in real life).

As I like the shade and the ease of use, I can definitely see myself using this again in the future!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woah, that's vibrant. Please update on the lasting power (esp on grays) in the future.

Priscilla said...

Hi Iris, this shade of red really suits you! :) I like how it contrasts against your fair skin tone.

Anonymous said...

the colour looks brilliant on u Iris, u look pretty! :)

Ling said...

very nice hair style, very feminine too :)
can i know what's the base makeup you use for this photo? :P nice! :)))))

Kas said...

I LIIIIIIKE this! We don't have this type here yet - they just changed the current Schwarzkopf range to one that says cream colour with 7 oils. That's the one im using now. but the greys are already visible in less than 2 months :(

Haru said...

Hi Ling,
Thanks! I'm using Paul & Joe Foundation Primer UV and Lancome Maqui Miracle powder foundation.

Hi Priscilla,
Thank you! I always gravitate towards red when colouring my hair.

Sara Kye said...

Love the color! It looks great on you! I think I still have a love for red hair too. :D

Anonymous said...

Your lip colour attracted me first. May I know what is the lip product you are wearing?

Haru said...

Hi,
It's Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Plum.

The Driveller Kate said...

I love how vibrant it is! :D Much brighter than anything I've found in the Japanese bubble brands

Anonymous said...

I love it! You look great!!!

Anonymous said...

Amazing color ! Want the same....
:)