Tuesday 18 September 2007

Coffret D'Or: First Look

Pics of Kanebo's forthcoming new brand Coffret D'Or (which will be replacing T'estimo) can be viewed on this Japanese blog. The palettes shown are 3D Lighting Eyes #3 (navy x gold) and #4 (purple) and the lipsticks are Full Styling Rouge (Glow) and Full Styling Rouge (Color). According to the blog review, the eyeshadows have a lovely shimmer and the shades are flattering and easy to use, as is typical of Kanebo. They come in a slim, pink crystal-encrusted case that has a smooth even surface, unlike the T'estimo Frame Impact and Grande Shine Eyes palettes which had a weird outward dent on the lid, and hence is much easier to stack neatly. The texture of the lipsticks is similar to T'estimo Serum Drape Rouge.

Coffret D'Or will be launched officially in Japan on 16 December and will reportedly have 5 spokesmodels like Maquillage.
http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/mothimothi/diary/200709140000/

12 comments:

Andrea Leite Marques said...

I like the cases a lot and will probably buy one eye shadow set to see ho it delivers. However, T'Estimo will be missed. Deeply! Somehow the Coffret d'Or kits (from the pics at least) remind me a bit of the colour schemes in the Lunasol Intellectual Eyes palettes. As for the lippies, I will leave it alone. My collection of Shu Uemuras is probably going to outlast me anyway!
:D
Have a great day,
a.

the Muse said...

pretty but I'll mourn and miss T'estimo big time :(

Thanks for the update Iris!

Anonymous said...

hmmm... well a new brad is always exciting. gotta somehow have to get it and try it out irl

Liberty London Girl said...

Brilliant site! I wondered if you knew if RMK was stocked in NYC/America. I've tun out of the fabulous cream foundation! xx

Haru said...

RMK is not sold in the US. I think it's available currently only in Japan and the UK.

カロリイン said...

Thanks for the update! :)

Anonymous said...

the packaging and color combi looks ho hum.

Kathi said...

I don't really feel attracted to the palettes. Very ordinary colors and the lipsticks look like Lunasol-knock-offs.
Also, buying items with a big cross on them is not really my intention LOL

Anonymous said...

The palettes actually remind me of Shiseido Maquillage palettes ... not very exciting. The packaging looks very sweet. But I am a tad disappointed by the palettes itself .. kinda drab, even the layout of the shadow, very Maquillage.

Anonymous said...

hi, I'm one of them who browse your blog almost everyday... hahaha...
Seriously must thank you for all the information...
Well.. I must say.. will definitely miss T'estimo... =d

Haru said...

The layout reminded me of Majolica Majorca's Majolook palettes. I'm not feeling too excited about these either.

Anonymous said...

Two words: MONEY SAVED! ;)