Sunday 17 February 2008

Majolica Majorca Majolook Trick On Review

I've been test-driving the new Majolica Majorca Majolook (Trick On) GR741 and revamped Lash Enamel Glamour Neo BK999 over the past week and I'm happy to report big huge raves for both!


First, on the Majolook GR741. It's a nifty little quad that contains 4 very wearable shades of pale bluish white, teal, dark emerald green and a pale gold Trick On Powder. I'm glad that MM has done away with the cream base/liner shades that were in previous versions of the Majolooks as those were never any good, especially the cream liners which creased and faded very quickly. MM rarely releases a green/teal-themed quad so this immediately caught my eye. Plus, it had the added allure of being limited edition. Although it's a royal shame that MM picked the prettiest quad to be limited edition, I can understand why the other two Trick On quads which are pink and brown-themed will probably sell better than the GR741. Overall, the Trick On quads are a vast improvement and return to form for MM after the lacklustre collections that MM released in 2007, some of which were too difficult to pull off for anyone over 25 years old.

I liked the silky and soft texture of the shades in the GR741 quad, which apply a bit sheer at first but can be easily layered for the desired intensity. The teal shade is not too loud or garish that it makes one look like a clown. It's actually easier to wear than MAC's famous Parrot which has more bright blue tones. The dark emerald shade in the quad is super gorgeous and a nice change from the usual black and brown liners. I didn't find anything particularly unique or special about the Trick On shade but it's still useful for adding a bit of extra sparkle at the corners or in the middle of the lid. I also liked the butterfly motif on the lid and the fact that you basically have everything you need in an ultra-light and portable compact for creating a complete eye look.

At only 1575yen (4g), this palette is great value for money and I highly recommend getting it before it sells out. GR741 is currently available on Adambeauty.com for US$19.50 inclusive of postage. That's cheaper than Ichibankao.com which is selling it for US$22.


Moving on to the Lash Enamel Glamour Neo, this is MM's volumising waterproof mascara. (Lash Expander Neo is the fibre-based lengthening mascara.) The Lash Enamel Glamour Neo comes printed with the tagline "Hope my lashes are full and smooth" on the tube. It has an unusual fine-toothed curved comb applicator that took some getting used to but it turned out to be excellent for reaching those shorter lashes at the inner corners. I also liked the fact that it was easy to build up length with the comb applicator. It also did a decent job of adding volume without the lashes looking too exaggerated or fake.

Thanks to its secret "Gloss Oil" ingredient that helps to ensure that lashes continue to look glossy even after the mascara dries, the mascara is a true glossy jet black without any greyish tones that applies very smoothly unlike Western brand mascaras which often have a dry almost-clumpy texture. Although I did have some problems with a bit of clumping but it was pretty easy to correct as all it took was a quick press of my lashes with my thumb and index finger to remove the excess mascara. Another impressive aspect of Lash Enamel Glamour Neo was that my lashes stayed curled for several hours after application of the mascara without any flaking or smearing. This is actually the first MM mascara I've ever tried so I can't say how it compares to previous MM mascaras.

Overall, I still preferred my current HG mascara, Awake All Direction Mascara which is even better in term of building long pretty lashes, but the Lash Enamel Glamour Neo comes a close second. Also, Lash Enamel Glamour is only 1260yen compared to the Awake mascara which costs a whopping 3150yen.


Check out my buddy, the Muse's blog posts on her FOTD created using Majolook GR741 and her review of the Spring collection!

2 comments:

the Muse said...

Thanks so much for the pimp sweets!

Great review!!!!!!! GR741 really is a landmark for MJ! It's an awesome palette and I hope they take action to further these style Majolook palettes as I don't miss the cream base or liner either and I'm enjoying the "trick on" powder. Very interesting!

the pigment is excellent on these especially this particular palette!

I think they out did themselves this round and it could possibly fall into my favorite release!

Aside from the single shadows I believe this particular palette could be the best they have put out thus far!

Hugs!

the Muse said...

fantastic as I adore the Fruitina glosses!