Monday 8 December 2008

December hauls

Here's a round-up of all the makeup and skincare that I came home with, not just stuff that I bought in Tokyo but also at the Changi Airport duty-free and some stuff that my colleague in the US helped me to buy.

My Tokyo haul of stuff for myself.


Love Clover Marshmallow Fit Powder N in 5194 Champagne Silver (12g, 2100yen) which is a loose pale beige powder with silver shimmer. This came with a free mini powder tub.



Canmake Loose Cheeks in #8 Peach Squash. This was an absolute steal at only 819yen.



Gransenbon blush #14 Maple Nuts, as compared with #9 Apricot Ginger


From left to right: #11, #9, #14 and #12


Sana Super Quick Eyeliner EX Vivid Black (1260yen). This is a crayon type eyeliner which can be used to line the waterline. I've always admired how Japanese ladies line their eyes to achieve the perfect smokey dramatic look but have yet to be able to master it without looking like a panda! Perhaps this will help :-p




AIAI Glyfoam 1300 is a facial cleanser that contains 13% glycolic acid and is free of fragrance, colourants, mineral oil and parabens. I've been wanting to try a glycolic cleanser for quite some time now to combat my acne-prone skin but they do not seem to be common in Singapore. This cost 3465yen, which was pricey, but as I had a 2500yen voucher at a store, it didn't cost me that much overall. There is also a soap version but it has only a 4% concentration and cost 2940yen so of course I went for the more powerful foam cleanser.




At Changi Airport's Terminal 3, I also picked up these lovelies from Bobbi Brown and Becca. Although I haven't been that impressed with Becca in the past except for their loose powder and concealer, I keep getting drawn back to the brand for some reason. This time, I fell for their Pressed Shimmer Powders which were very pricey at S$75 but somehow I ended up coming home with three of them. I think it was the fact that Becca is currently available in Singapore exclusively at Terminal 3 that made me go a bit nuts and snap up three at a go even though I already have enough shimmer powders to become a disco ball several times over!



The Becca counter itself was a bit of a mess with several items out of stock, including the ever popular Beach Tints. Becca has always seemed to have problems with their distribution, like when it was still available in Sephora, so I'm surprised it has survived until today. There was supposed to be a free concealer with purchase of $100 but as they had run out of stock, the SA gave me a Ralph Lauren Notorious perfume miniature and Jurlique Citrus Purifying Mist.

From left to right: Becca Pressed Shimmer Powders in Odette, Nefertiti and Gypsy


I also picked up the Bobbi Brown Rose Shimmer Brick and Lip Kit which came with a face brush and lip brush. The set cost S$101 and I believe it is available only in travel retail. As I already owned the Tawny and Bronze kits from my trip to New York last year, I thought the Rose would make a nice addition to my collection.

Rose Shimmer Brick


Lipglosses in Pink Mocha and Naked and Lip Colors in Brown and Tulle


From left to right: Tawny, Rose and Bronze




A colleague helped me to purchase these from Sephora.com during their Friends & Family 20% off sale. I got the MD Skincare Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel, Tarte the Vanity set, Tocca Stella solid perfume and travel candle set.





Luckily it's payday this Friday :-) I'll try to post reviews as I start using the products but with my camera acting up strangely, it may be difficult to post clear pics.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please do a product review on the SINN BB Cream and Powder soon. I'm so excited about this product. But do not know where to get it from tho. BTW, are the cosmetics at Changi Duty Free alot cheaper than outside? Do they carry Givenchy and Guerlain?

Anonymous said...

Hi haru, do you know of anyone that could possibly CP candydoll lip concealer and dariya palty's dye to singapore?

http://www.dariyacosme.com/lineup/palty/palty07.html

http://www.candydoll.jp/fs/candydoll/c/item

TIA!

Haru said...

hi,
You can try asking Ichibankao.com orhttp://bringblingjp.blogspot.com/

The cosmetics at Changi dutyfree are largely just less the 7% GST. Both Givenchy and Guerlain are available.

Anonymous said...

What a great haul!!! I can't wait for your reviews :)

sassychix said...

ok i officially love ur blog
SO much makeup pretties! :)

Laura said...

Hi Haru,

I am currently planning my Spring 09 makeup purchases :D I recall during one of your trips to the drugstore, you saw the Coffret D'or Shine Accent Eyes. I thought it was a pretty palette that they released with very airy and clean shades, but you didn't sound too keen on them? Can you share with us the reason behind that?

Haru said...

Hi Laura,
I didn't like the Shine Accent Eyes as the shades tend to be all on the pale, pastel side and the color payoff was not impressive. They look quite pretty in the pan but there's a lack of any dark liner shades. Instead, there's a cream shimmer liner shade that I found just impossible to get any pigment out of when I tried to swatch it on my hand. The palettes suit ladies who are looking for a light makeup look that's not too dramatic but just clean, feminine and pretty. That doesn't really appeal to me as I prefer my eyeshadows to be more colorful and dramatic.

Anonymous said...

I was at Changi Terminal 2, they had many brands, even MAC, which was great. However, when I asked about Givenchy and Guerlain cosmetic counters, they told me that they don't carry.