Tuesday 2 December 2008

Est Emotional Aura Eyes

My first makeup purchase in Tokyo was from Est, which is a brand that I've never tried before. Est used to be a high-end skincare and base makeup brand but it started its colour makeup line about a year ago. It currently only has one palette series, Emotional Aura Eyes. These retail for 5775yen, which is very pricey (even more expensive than Jill Stuart's palettes) but the colorful array of shades twinkling merrily away under the bright counter lights looked too gorgeous to pass up.

After swatching all the palettes, I finally decided on #7 which features a smokey dark purple, lilac, taupe and pink. According to the SA, #1 to #5 are more shimmery while #6 to #8 are more pigmented. I liked the elegant dark brown and gold packaging of the palette.





Swatches of all the palettes. The texture felt very smooth and silky, without any powdery crumbling. I got great color payoff swatching these just once on the back of my hand without using any primer.



5 comments:

Kathi said...

EST quads are great! I have 2 and really love them! =D Great color you picked, too!

fuzkittie said...

This is so gorgeous, not just the shadow colors, but the packaging too~ So luxurious~~ :]

Anonymous said...

I really like the packaging... :) and the colors!! OH SO PRETTY!!! something I would have picked up for myself too! #3 and #5 also look good! seems very good quality as well.. can't wait to hear your review!

Anonymous said...

Great choice! I am liking #5 too!

aichaku-愛着 said...

the colours look gorgeous. wish i was shopping in tokyo right now too. :D