Wednesday 3 December 2008

Tokyo Day 3

Decided to head to Ikebukuro today where the world's largest department store, Seibu, is located along with other department stores such as Tobu and Parco. Also spent quite some time walking around Sunshine City which has more affordable stores compared to the department stores.

At Seibu, I discovered a new Japanese homewear brand Gelato Pique which was just launched in Japan in September. Ended up buying a camisole and shorts set. The material is super soft but what really hooked me was of course the cute cartoon print! I think this may end up being the only clothing I buy on this trip as almost all the clothes in the stores now are winter clothing, which I don't need.






Jill by Jill Stuart store in Parco in Ikebukuro. Couldn't find anything I liked which was a disappointment.






Betsey Johnson accessories corner in Seibu.



Got these Cinnamaroll stickers for my young cousins :-)



Pile of hideously pink Hello Kitty merchandise at the Sanrio store.





I've received hundreds of packets of tissue paper over my years living in Japan but this was the first time that I received a packet of black tissue paper! How cool is that?!



Also received this from a promoter when walking along the street in Ikebukuro. At first I thought it was an ad for a spa but turns out it was a pack of 4 samples from DHC, including a mini soap!




Came across a shop called Chocoholic that sells cakes like the one in this pic as well as various assorted household items.





More cute character stuff from the Chocoholic store



I always have a hard time resisting checking out such an appealing stack of gift sets...


From where? The Lush store! Lush used to be available in Singapore several years ago but I guess there weren't many Singaporeans willing to spend so much on bath bombs. I find the smell of Lush stores simply intoxicating, like the slabs of soaps are just whispering 'buy me'... My good buddy, the Muse, is always raving about Lush skincare on her blog but still I'm hesitant to try it out as I have very problematic skin. Sigh...



And finally, my yummy breakfast at Koots today! Edamame and cheese onigiri (rice ball) paired with the new black sesame brown sugar latte. It was simply heavenly, the perfect comfort food for a cold winter day :-)


10 comments:

Kathi said...

Ah, Koots! I remember the toxic looking Green Tea Latte =P
(and my clumpsy attempts to use chop sticks hehe..I improved my skills since my Japan trip though lol)
The cami/shorts set you bought is so cute! And the pics are great as always! It's so nice to get a glance on all those cute stores!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your PJs! They are utterly adorable! I really miss the freebies on the street, hehehehe! Enjoy!!!

Unknown said...

ok this post just made me want to officially move to japan! everything is sooo cute!!!!

fuzkittie said...

Cuteness overdose!!!! >.< Those PJs are way too adorable~

Autumn Masquerade said...

Thanks for sharing photos of Tokyo. There are so many cute things there. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Anonymous said...

May I know how much are ur PJs? Sighs..i want one 2....

Haru said...

Hi,

The PJs were about 3000yen+ for the top and 2000yen+ for the bottom, not cheap!

Anonymous said...

Hi Haru,

I am sosooooo lapping all these up ! pictures of tokyo. i'm sure this is a shopping and eating trip for you, and re-visiting all the places u like. its the same for me...

every time i go back to tokyo,.... i would roam the streets of shinjuku, ginza (window shopping), and simply enjoying a clean and civilised city.

have a good trip.

michelle

Anonymous said...

land of kawaii indeed !

Karelessly in Love said...

Ooooh I'm loving the black tissue!