Tuesday 28 April 2009

Sightings @ Isetan & Watsons

Dior and Chanel are the first to launch their summer collections in Singapore. Dior's summer collection is currently available exclusively at Isetan until 30 April. The pink-themed collection is quite unusual for summer and looks more suitable for spring. Everything looked so attractive, I had to force myself to walk away so as not to go on a mad spree. Plus, I should wait until it's available at Tangs where I can get a higher rebate with my Tangs Citibank card. I've got my eye on the Pop Diamond Skin Shimmer, both the eyeshadow palettes and the hot pink nail polish.


Chanel just looked so blah and boring in comparison!


The Paul & Joe counter is offering these two promotional sets for S$98 and S$108 each.



This is totally non-makeup related but here's the current line-up of LeSportSac bags at Isetan :-)


Also spotted the new Canmake Jewel Star Eyes display at Watsons in Toa Payoh and Ngee Ann City. These retail for S$15.50 each and the texture is a soft cream that spreads easily and can be layered for greater intensity. It dries down to a metallic shimmery finish that does not feel greasy but I'm not sure about its lasting power as they wiped off quite easily even after I had let them dry on my hand for more than 15 minutes.



Rimmel is also now available in the Watsons at Ngee Ann City. According to last week's issue of Urban, there are plans to expand Rimmel to 50 counters by the end of this year. Rimmel is priced quite attractively too with its mascaras going for S$17.90 and nailpolishes for S$5.90. Not as cheap as it is in Malaysia but the mascaras are quite a bit cheaper than Majolica Majorca which is S$25.90.

The Platinum Pink Shimmer Brick (S$70) and Runway Collection Kit (S$150) are now also available at the Bobbi Brown counter in Isetan Scotts. And don't forget MAC is also launching its Rose Romance collection this Friday!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Good gracious I need some pink stuff!! MINE!!!

visee said...

Hi Haru,

Do you have a Robinson's card? There's a cardmember's sale and beauty gwp promotion tomorrow (29 Apr) for various counter brands. Plus you get a $10 beauty voucher with every $100 spent at the Beauty Hall. ;)

Haru said...

Hey Visee,

Yes, I do. I did get the pamphlet from Robinsons but none of the GWPs are that attractive to me. Plus I really want that Dior summer collection! Are you getting anything?

visee said...

Hi Haru,

I probably will stock up on Fancl and Origins tomorrow! :) Although I couldn't resist and bought a new foundation today (Maquillage Lasting Liquid UV) even though there's the promo tomorrow. Felt I really needed to buy something as I had such a hectic day at work. Lol.

Hope Tangs had the Dior summer collection soon. It looks really pretty! :)

Anonymous said...

i will be the first to run to see that shimmer palette! I didn't get it from Sephora because I FORGOT about it! stupid of me. it's something i always buy. my HG is the rose and copper. amber doesn't do so much difference for me.

this is one I have to check out soon. thanks for the sneak preview!

Haru said...

Dear Jojoba,

The Pop Diamond Skin Shimmer is top of my list too! Luckily I have S$90 in Isetan vouchers that I've been saving :-)

Hey Visee,
I may hop down there tomorrow if I have the time. Hope the Maquillage foundation works out well for you! I totally understand about wanting to splurge on some makeup after a busy day at work... I do that all the time ;-p

Wendy said...

I saw the Dior stand too! However the lipgloss compact was still a bit pricy. Around €60 euros... Not sure whether I would be getting it... It is similar to a Jill Stuart lipgloss palette which I have.

Whitepiano555 said...

oh wow, I wanna get that P&J promo set. ^__^

~raspy~ said...

You are making me drool!! I want the Paul & Joe promo sets!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not a fan of Rimmel but no harm checking out the counter. Thx for the update.

Anonymous said...

Just wondering what are the items coz I can only tell one of them is an eyeshadow palette.

Jamie said...

Hi Hara

The P & J Promotion is at Isetan Shaw or Isetan Wisma?

Thanks!

cewek said...

Haru - what do you think of the new Artist in Residence collection for LeSportSac? I love the shape of the runaway bags but not sure of the print. It could be taken for a nappy bag with all the bunnies going around. That's the last thing I want to cart around, a nappy bag...

After reading temptalia's review and swatches on the Dior summer collection, I'm lemming the quint but it's so similar to MAC's Blue Heat(?) collection from last summer. Maybe I should just shop in my collection.

Haru said...

Hey cewek,
The Fifi Lapin range does not appeal to me at all as I find the rabbit characters a bit freaky! And they look a bit childish actually, whereas the Tokidoki range was cuter, more hip and adult-friendly.

The Dior blue quint is not that unique and I'm sure you can find close dupes in your current stash. Actually only 2 shades in the quint are interesting and pretty, the purplish blue and the metallic sky blue in the lower right corner. The other three shades are very run-of-the-mill.

Hi Jamie,
The P&J promo sets are at Isetan Shaw.

The two quints on top are the eyeshadow palettes. Beside them are the nailpolishes. Below the eyeshadows are the lipglosses and below the lipglosses are the two Bronze Harmonie de Blushes. The bottom row is the Pop Diamond Skin Shimmer and next to it is the bronzer and lip compacts.

Jamie said...

Hi Haru

Thanks for the reply. I went to buy the $98 promo just now. Thanks for posting these sightings on your blog! Great help!

cewek said...

Hey again Haru,

I just want to give you and your readers a heads up on an Artist in Residence x LeSportSac sale on gilt.com. The bags are half off!

Disclaimer: I don't work for gilt.com just want to share my (bargain) findings.

:)