Thursday 2 July 2009

Lancome Declaring Indigo Preview

Cozycot organised an exclusive preview of Lancome's Declaring Indigo collection for some members at Stamford House last evening. I was one of those lucky enough to score an invitation. The Declaring Indigo collection will only be launched in Singapore in September so this was really an advance preview.


The event featured a detailed makeup demonstration by Lancome Makeup Artist Lena, who impressed with her cheerful enthusiasm, great product knowledge and skills. The model was an 18-year-old lady (didn't catch her name) who had the most beautiful baby-like skin. Lena made all the products seem super easy to use and the model looked completely transformed by the end of the makeover. A couple of other staff from Lancome also took turns to host the event, taking Polaroids of the guests, conducting quizzes and giving away prizes to the winners. I noticed that the Lancome staff were all impeccably groomed with gorgeous skin, makes them very impressive ambassadors for the brand!



Loved the gorgeous roses (Lancome's signature icon) on the makeup counters set up around the room.




We also got a sneak peek at Genefique, which is Lancome's latest innovation in its anti-aging arsenal. This serum contains groundbreaking technology to spur the production of 'youth proteins' in your skin. I smoothed a drop of this on the back of my hand and was wowed by how incredibly soft my skin felt after a few seconds. There was no sticky residue or mattifying effect. Instead, my skin just felt incredibly plumped up and smooth, like baby skin! It also did not feel like artificially smooth like you get with products that are pumped full of silicones.


Photo montage of the shooting of the ad campaign starring supermodel Daria Werbowy.




The two palettes,Palette Liberté 01 Bleu Royauté and 02 Or Liberté, come in a sleek silver case with Lancome's rose print. I was intrigued by the unusual combination of blues and golds. The black and blue eyeshadows that were infused with gold flecks were particularly memorable.




Another highlight of the collection is La Rose Liberte face highlighter. This has an overspray of gold shimmer but the powder underneath it is actually more semi-matte so no worries of looking like a disco ball. I think Lena brushed more than 3 coats of this on the model yet it never looked cakey or frosty.


The doorgift was a bag of products worth $80 including samples of Hypnose mascara and perfume, Genefique, Maquicake UV Infinite powder foundation, and a gorgeous hard cover pink notebook produced for the Pink Irreverence collection from Spring '09.



I also won another pack of samples and a full sized Juicy Tubes lipgloss for answering two questions :-)


And this is me with Lena (dressed in all black) and the model, at the end of the event!


Doesn't the model look very glowy and polished here?


Many thanks to Cozycot and Lancome for the wonderful opportunity!

9 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

You lucky woman, what can I say!! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Cool! after readin ur blog so long... this is the first time I see you posting pictures of yourself! =)

Jamilla Camel said...

Haru, I think you are more beautiful than the model, really!

em said...

lucky you! there's a totally hot brush set coming out with this collection, I can't wait to see it here in oz!

tiggercheeze said...

u were there!! u're the one that gave the answer on maquicake right?

i would have said hi if i knew u are iris! i'm the one in grey tank top, seated beside u (the other side of the projector) and kept passing u stuffs ... haha~


<3 tiggercheeze

Haru said...

Hey tiggercheeze,

I remember you too! Sorry we didn't get to talk more! Yes, I'm the one who answered the question on the Maquicake powder foundation :-)

Hi em,
The brush set was not featured at the event so I think it may not be sold in Singapore. Quite a pity as the photo of it looks really good.

Hey Jamilla,
Thank you for the kind compliment :-) I quite liked how the photos turned out (which is rare for me). I've never posted photos of myself on the blog but I thought my readers who have been following Rouge Deluxe for some time would like to finally be able to put a face to my blog.

AhCapp said...

Wow, the event looks really cool! ^_^ Thank you for sharing with us...

Oh yes, the model looks really pretty. But so do you too. =D

makeupmag said...

Oh, Lena conducted the Oscillation workshop too. She's professional and explains things rather well. :) Nice lippy, Iris!

eliza said...

oooh, please try the genifique sample and let us know the results! :)