Saturday 12 December 2009

Bugis Junction Haul

My buddy, The Muse just raved about the new Bourjois MIneral Matte Foundation on her blog so I decided to take advantage of the BHG 20% discount on Bourjois this weekend to snap it up.

The foundation costs S$38 so with the discount, it's reduced to S$30.40, which is alright for a drugstore brand. Like the Muse said, the mousse transforms almost instantly into a smooth powder finish when applied. All the shades look awfully dark on the display but #81 (which is the lightest shade available) looked like it might suit me. The small buffing brush is sold separately at BHG for S$12. It feels very soft and dense.

Also spotted the Ettusais holiday collection which includes a sparkly loose face powder and three cream eyeshadow duos.

Each duo comprises a smokey pigmented shade and a lighter, more shimmery shade. The face powder pot comes with a fluffy applicator under the cap that is incredibly soft and cushiony but the face powder has visible glitter bits, so I passed on it. The face powder costs S$38, not sure about the eyeshadow duos.

BHG is currently giving a 10% rebate (in the form of vouchers) this weekend, including cosmetics and fragrances. If the brand is already discounted, like Bourjois, then there is no rebate.

Also picked up this chocolate dress from Mu, a store in Bugis Junction which sells clothes with a Japanese sensibility, i.e. lots of pleats, unusual folds and drapes. I liked the cap sleeves and collar on this dress, as well as the pleats on the front and back. And it has pockets, which for me is always a plus. It's also very comfy and the cut is great for "fat" days.


I have a 7 year old cousin who's mad about Cinnamoroll and has the stuffed toys in varying sizes. After I sent her mom this photo I snapped in Junction 8 of a giant Cinnamoroll, she got all excited and asked her mom to keep the picture for her future handphone! :-)

Life-size Domo. Yup, it's huge.

Another furry cutie :-)

4 comments:

kuri said...

cute dress! stylish and looks easy to wear.

Anonymous said...

Please review on the bourjois foundation. It looks interesting!

y933sct@ymail.com said...

hihi, where did you snap the domo? please tell me thanks! :D

Haru said...

Hi,
I'm afraid I can't remember as this was in 2009.