Wednesday 22 September 2010

L'Oreal HIP Bright Shadow Duo Flamboyant and Adventurous

Did a colourful combo today with L'Oreal HIP Bright Shadow Duos in Adventurous (left in pic below) and Flamboyant (right).

After prepping with Testimo Eye Bright Up base, I applied the pink from Adventurous from the inner corner to the middle of the lid and the purple shade from Flamboyant from the middle of the lid to the outer corners and along the lower lashline. I blended the beige shade from Adventurous above the outer half of the crease and added a touch of the gold shade from Flamboyant just above the inner half of the crease.

I used Color Chrome Eyeliner Showy Black again along the upper lashline but despite sharpening it, I just couldn't get it to draw a smooth intense line today so I resorted to going over it with Shiseido Automatic Fine Eyeliner BK901, which got the job done in seconds. On my lashes, I used Clinique High Impact Mascara over Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base. The Shiseido Mascara Base made a significant difference in helping my lashes to stay curled even after applying the Clinique Mascara.

The other products I used were: Shiseido Refining Makeup Primer, Dior X4 Control Compact Foundation 012, RMK Super Basic Liquid Concealer EX01, Paul & Joe Face Color 07, Lipstick C 068 and Loose Powder, and K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 01.

Similar to the yellowy green in Riotous, I found the gold shade in Flamboyant to be quite hard to pull off because of the strong yellow tone. I either have to apply it with a very light hand or mix it with another shade to tone it down somewhat. All of the shades were well-pigmented and lasted over 11 hours of wear without fading.


13 comments:

Verlyn said...

i'm enjoying your LOTDs (:

Connie De Alwis said...

this is an interesting look! And actually quite aligned with this year's fall trend

Anonymous said...

do you have HiP in singapore? There is none here. These are certainly bright colours. I can look at them but I can't bring myself to wear them these days. :)

Liliana said...

It looks very pretty on you. I have some of these eye shadows, some are better in quality than others, but they are ok if bought when on sale.

Jess said...

Wow, you look really good with these colors. Very pretty FOTD!

Haru said...

hi jojoba,
L'Oreal is introducing 8 of the HIP eyeshadow duos and 4 Color Chome eyeliners in Singapore in October but this is just for a limited time to test the market.

galpal.hi said...

The color combinations of this EOTD looks really great on you. I was looking at the HIP line today but decided to think about it more. Maybe I'll wait till it goes on sale.

*Kat*

Tank said...

Beautiful, beautiful eyes!!!!c

Hing said...

Hi Haru,

The color looks great on you!

Is the Moonshadow lipstick u'r wearing for 2 day can be considered as sheer? Or da color payoff is better than the other 2 colors from the same collection?

Haru said...

hi,
The Moonshadow is more pigmented compared to the other two lipsticks in this fall collection. It has a slight gold tint. The most sheer of the three is 066 (white with purple paisley print).

Anonymous said...

Hi, may I know the releasing date for HIP loreal? I remember reading from someone's blog its 23 September which is yesterday.... and I went down to Watson but couldnt find it T.T so sad...

Haru said...

L'oreal told is that it would be released in October, but without a specific date.

ashura said...

I really like this look. Not something you wear usually! Much more daring. I am looking forward to this l'oreal duos. Great drugstore range after the Maybelline Hyper Diamonds one!