Thursday 2 September 2010

Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio GR305

For today's look, I tried out several of the Shiseido products that I received at the preview last week.

On the eyes, I used mainly the Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio GR305 (over Urban Decay Primer Potion), Automatic Fine Eyeliner BK901 Black Noir, Natural Finish Cream Concealer #2 Light Medium for the under eye area, Nourishing Mascara Base and Perfect Mascara Defining Volume in BK901 Black Noir.

Before applying my usual Dior X4 powder foundation, I used the Pore Smoothing Corrector on my T-zone and cheeks. I found the Pore Smoothing Corrector to be quite effective in reducing the appearance of my pores, especially on my nose, and helped to create a smoother canvas for the foundation. Some pore correcting primers tend to be too drying or have a thick glue-like consistency but the Shiseido version spreads very easily without causing any dryness. On the lips, I am wearing Perfect Rouge RD734.

The Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio reminded me very much of Inoui ID, the Japan-exclusive Shiseido brand helmed by Dick Page before he was appointed Shiseido's Makeup Artistic Director. Inoui ID was renowned for its excellent eyeshadow quads that featured a myriad of interesting shade combinations in a soft buttery texture. The Luminizing Satin Eye Color have a similar buttery smooth texture and better colour payoff. I also liked the fact that the eyeshadows applied and blended very easily without any loose powder bits flying all over the place. As the green shades in GR305 were too pigmented to be used as a wash over the browbone area, I used the white shade from GY901 over the browbone area.

The Automatic Fine Eyeliner was also quite easy to apply. The shade is an intense black without any grey or ashy tones. The liquid is dispensed by pushing the button at the end. It's best to do just one push at a time and wait for the liquid to flow into the bristles as you want to avoid dispensing too much.

The pics above were taken right after application while the pics below were taken after about 10 hours of wear. As you can see, there was virtually no creasing even at the inner corners and the shades stayed fresh and true. There was also no flaking of the eyeliner or the mascara. I was impressed that my lashes actually maintained the curl even after so many hours.

The Nourishing Mascara Base does help to add length and volume but when I layered on the Perfect Mascara Defining Volume, it started to clump as I layered too much, resulting in the dreaded 'spider legs'. I fixed it by quickly pressing off the excess mascara with my thumb and index finger. I'll have to play around with these some more to see how to get them to work better.

If you are looking for a creamy, pigmented lipstick that feels moisturising, then Perfect Rouge is a great option to explore. RD734 is a classic rosy pink with no shimmer or sparkle, just velvety rich colour that is perfect for both day and night.

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Haru,

I love the look you did! Very pretty and the green looks really vibrant and makes you look really radiant!

Michelle said...

Hi Iris! I love how this looks on you!!! I have ordered the pink/green/yellow trio, can't wait to see how it turns out!

FarahDean said...

Mag told me the green would work for me. Seeing it on you, wow love the greens. Must go see when it gets to the counters.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Haruchan! Nose-diving into the NY shows today, look out for the looks!
Cheers,
Dick