Saturday 18 September 2010

Lunasol Aurorize Eyes #3 Gentle Variation and Fasio Mascaliner

The Lunasol Aurorize Eyes palettes from the fall 2010 collection turned out to be much prettier in person than they had appeared in the promotional pictures online. I picked up #3 Gentle Variation (below) and #5 Contrast Variation a few weeks ago at Takashimaya when the collection first arrived. The texture is more refined compared to Geminate Eyes and Star Shower Eyes with a fine delicate shimmer. The colour payoff is good and the eyeshadows lasted well over more than 10 hours of wear.

After prepping with Testimo Eye Bright Up Base, I used the brush to apply the pale gold shade (bottom left of the palette) over the browbone area. Next, I used the fat end of the sponge applicator to apply the moss green shade from the upper lashline to the crease and along the lower lashline and the light yellow shade (top right) just above the outer crease. I used the thin sponge applicator to line the upper lashline with the greyish black shade and along the outer one-third of the lower lashline. I added a touch of the silvery white shade (centre) at the inner corners and over the green shade along the lower lashline.

Then I finished by lining the upper lashline with Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Liner and applying Fasio Mascaliner GR700.

The Fasio Mascaliner just arrived in Watsons and retails for S$18.30 with four shades available (black, brown, green and purple). Its unusual feature is that it has a tapered rubber applicator at the tip that can be used to apply the mascara as an eyeliner. It is also waterproof and fragrance-free.

While I like the elegant packaging of Mascaliner, after trying it this week on its own as well as over a mascara base, unfortunately it's turned out to be somewhat of a disappointment. It just doesn't work well as an eyeliner as the tapered applicator can't draw a proper line smoothly to save its life.

While the mascara did help add some length and volume, it starts to clump after brushing the applicator through my lashes about 3-4 times. It's not completely without merits though. I like the intense colour which has no ashy tones. When applied, GR700 looks black and the green tone is too subtle to be discernible. It also holds the curl of my lashes very well over many hours of wear without flaking or smudging.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That green is so nice. Did you see the purple Lunasol e/s palette? What did you think of it?

Haru said...

hi,
The purple palette was a bit bland for me. I still prefer Sheer Contrast Eyes #2 Lavender Coral.

Anonymous said...

Nice moss green... green always looks good on u.

Sun

shopaholic shopper said...

Hey iris, love this look! I got #04 and #05 and not after reading this, make me want to get #03!! Very Nice!

The Misery Chick said...

Hi Iris,

I'm shopping around for a loose powder that's good for oily skin. Have been using Ettusais' one for many years, so I want to try something new.

Does the Paul & Joe one have good coverage and oil control? How much is it?

Georgina said...

hello haru! i love this look on you, its one of your best looks for me! ^_^ everything just works so well together!

i have a question, i already have esprique precious' dress on shiny eyes in C-4, but im also leaning towards this palette, do you think i should get aurorize 03 gentle variation as well?

Haru said...

hi Maya,
The Paul & Joe Loose Powder doesn't have much coverage and the oil control is also not fantastic but I like it as a finishing powder to make my foundation look more polishes. My foundation helps to provide most of the coverage and oil control that I need (I also blot regularly throughout the day with Gatsby Oil Clear sheets).

hi coffretgorge,
Thank you! I don't have Esprique Precious Dress On Shiny Eyes C4 but judging by the picture on facial-shop.com, it looks similar to Aurorize Eyes #3 except that the latter has light gold and yellow shades. The difference in the overall looks is likely to be quite subtle. If you already have similar light gold and pale yellow shades in your existing collection, you can probably use them with your Dress On Shiny Eyes C4 to produce the same type of looks as Gentle Variation.

Anonymous said...

paul and joe loose powder better or jill stuart loose powder better?

Anonymous said...

You look really nice and fresh with this palatte! This is the best 'green' look I've seen on you! Lunasol had done it right again!! Thanks for the info on metro sales!!

ashura said...

I notice that you look great with green+yellow eyeshadow variations =) I got the 04 Soft Variation. I thought it was gorgeous as I find the purple quite unique, more like greyish purple, rather than pinkish purple.

von said...

that lipstick look fab on you :) now, i'm really tempted to get that lippie.

Haru said...

hi Von.
The lipstick is quite sheer and like a 'your-lips-but-better' kind of shade. All the three lipsticks from the Paul & Joe fall collection apply sheer with a tint of colour.

hi,
I don't own Jill Stuart's new loose powder so I can't say if it's better than the P&J powder.

Georgina said...

thank you haru! ^_^