Tuesday 7 September 2010

Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. III Look #2



Decided to do a purple look with Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. III today.


After prepping with Testimo Eye Bright Up Base, I used MAC #228 mini shader brush to apply Psychedelic Sister at the outer two-thirds of the lid along the upper lash line, Last Call at the inner one-third and along the lower lashline, and Uzi at the inner corners and along the lower lashline.

Next, I used MAC #226 to blend Snatch just above the crease and MAC #224 to apply an off-white shade from a Lunasol palette as a wash over the browbone area. Then I finished with my usual combo of Lancome Virtuose Precious Cells mascara and Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Liner along the upper lashline.

The colour payoff of all the shades is excellent as usual, except for Uzi which is just a hopeless mess of bright silver glitter. Snatch has gold glitter bits. I dislike glitter in eyeshadows because for the rest of the day, I keep having to pick random glitter bits off my cheeks, nose and lips.

The rest of the makeup is largely the same as yesterday: Lancome Teint Miracle liquid foundation, Natural Light Creator Bare Skin Perfecting Corrector Pen #1 and Palette Blason, Paul & Joe Loose Powder, Too Faced Totally Nude lipstick and K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 01.


Thanks for reading!

12 comments:

Tank said...

Oooh Love this look! I think the lip eye colour combination is perfect!! <3

AhCapp said...

Hi Iris

would you say this palette is another must get from UD? :)

Side tracking a bit here... I was digging out some old magazines I still kept under my bed at my parents house today. I found an brand new copy of 2002 Cosmopolitan UK! Haha but what I wAnted to say is I found a copy of MORE from 2004. As I was flipping thru, I found pic of my very first eyeshadow palette, Testimo Styling Eyes N5 which is from Spring/ Summer 2004! I quickly dug out the paletttes and the promotion flyer just now to admire how this wonderful little combination of orange & gold has kick started my love for makeup :)

I was wondering would you be able to write an article and share with us what was your first makeup item and if you still have it with you. It will be great to know how this particular item started your wonderful passion for makeup. :)

kathyeffingjacobs said...

Gorgeous look! I also think the lip/eye combo is perfect.

Anonymous said...

Purple and plum paired with nudes is definately your color!!! Suits you very well! Feel like falls is already hitting in. So fast.

Haru said...

Hey AhCapp,
Sure, I'll try to do up a post this weekend on my first forays into makeup :-)

For me, the BOS Vol. III was a must-have because I love the green and purple shades in it. It does have some flaws, like the glitter that permeates a few of the shades and the somewhat clunky packaging (though I like the lit-up skyscrapers). I'm sure if it comes to Singapore, it will sell out pretty quickly as it's such good value for money.

Verlyn said...

i like this look very much (: i must agree that the lip & eye color combi is excellent ! i don't like UZI as the glitter bits fallouts are so irritating :/

Anonymous said...

this is one good look for you. purple is my favourite eye shadow colour (other than black at the moment.) that blush duo at the bottom on the first pic also looks interesting.

ps: your liner work is better each time i see your FOTD! :P

Anonymous said...

Love your eye look today. I can't wait for this BOS to hit my Sephora!

astrorainfall said...

Love purple shades... I like the way you did your eyes.

Re: male drivers in Singapore - lol! One has to be so aggressive on the road there.

galpal.hi said...

Lovely FOTD. I love the purples on you. I can't wait until I can get my hands on a palette too.

*Kat*

Jasmine said...

Hi Iris,

How do you find the Lancome Teint foundation so far in terms of coverage, oil control, etc and what shade do you use?

Haru said...

Hi,
i use O-03. The coverage is sheer to medium, still need separate concealer for dark circles and acne. Oil control is average. I'll post a more detailed review later this week.