Sunday 2 January 2011

Elizabeth Arden Prevage Eye

A couple of months ago, I was sent samples of the Elizabeth Arden's new Prevage Eye Advanced Anti-aging Serum and Ultra Protection Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF15 PA++. Both products contain idebenone (a powerful antioxidant that helps to protect against free radicals that cause skin to age) in a new compatible ester delivery system, as well as I-seryl Complex (acetyl tetrapeptide-5), which is a peptide that helps skin to look firmer and less puffy.

The Prevage Eye Advanced Anti-aging Serum (S$186, 15ml) also contains other powerful antioxidants such as green tea and lypochromin-6, plus marine algae extract and soy protein which help the skin to look firmer. After using this regularly for the past few weeks, the skin around my eyes feels much more hydrated and plump.

It can't cause the fine lines under my eyes to vanish completely but it does help to reduce their appearance. Keeping the skin around the eyes well-hydrated is also key to preventing and delaying the emergence of more fine lines. The serum absorbs well without any greasiness. Here's the ingredients list.

The Prevage Eye Ultra Protection Anti-Aging Moisturizer (S$186, 15ml) has a slightly denser and creamier texture than the serum. This is recommended for daytime use as it has broad spectrum sun protection against both UVA and UVB rays. This comes in a pot packaging with a spatula. It contains an advanced moisture complex that is a blend of hyaluronic acid with other humectants and a polymer to help lock moisture deep within the skin. A botanical blend of siegesbeckia orientalis and rabdosia rubescens extract also helps to reduce the effects of oxidative stress to promote a more even skintone.

Of the two products, I prefer the Advanced Anti-aging Serum as it has a lighter texture and comes in a more hygienic tube packaging whereas the Ultra Protection Anti-Aging Moisturizer feels oily on my skin. Here's the ingredients list for the Ultra Protection Anti-Aging Moisturizer.

The press kit also included this wonderful little photo-book showcasing Arden's products of yesteryear. Arden celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2010.









6 comments:

JennD said...

I have the elizabeth arden prevage range of skincare. I don't really care for the the eye cream and day cream but I really like their night cream. I used it as day cream sometimes.

Vanessa said...

I had bad reaction to Prevage serum. My face was red,hard,swollen after using it.I never had allergy to any skincare product or cosmetic before so I don't consider myself having sensitive skin. So I advise those who wanted to try Prevage to get a sample to try first before splurging on the full-size item.

Anonymous said...

Hi, will the eye cream cause mascara to smear or will it give you that oil bump thingie on your lower eyelid?Thanks for the info!

-Rin

Haru said...

hi Rin,
The Prevage Eye Advanced Anti-aging Serum doesn't cause mascara to smudge or milia on the under-eye area for me. I didn't try the Ultra Protection Anti-Aging Moisturiser while wearing mascra though.

JennD said...

Personally, I don't find the Prevage anti aging eye cream moisturizing enough but then again, I have extremely dry undereye areas.

makeupmag said...

Love the shots of the retro makeup (even though they look grubby, haha! Reminded me of the Mary Quant ones I've seen :P)