Saturday 15 January 2011

Small Chanel & Coast To Coast Haul

Chanel just launched its "Collection Les Perles de Chanel" collection at all the counters in Singapore this week. The star product is the Ombres Perlées de Chanel palette (S$91).

The palette has received almost universally positive reviews by several beauty blogs and it's easy to see why when you swatch the shades. The five powder eyeshadows have a surprisingly creamy texture and an elegant luminosity, inspired by pearls from all over the world. The shimmer is very refined and delicate.

The first two ingredients listed are dimethicone and dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, which explains the silicone-y texture that just glides onto the skin without any loose powdery bits flying all over the place. Even without a base, all five shades swatched very well.

I haven't purchased anything from Chanel for over a year and to be honest, my small Chanel collection rarely sees the light of day. Nevertheless, the Ombres Perlées palette was just too unique to pass up, compared to the eyeshadow palettes that Chanel usually releases. It was the complex wine burgundy shade in the middle of the palette that sealed the deal for me. After comparing it with the Shu Uemura Morphorium Blue Eye & Cheek Palette at Tangs Vivocity, I decided that Ombres Perlées was more worthwhile as all the shades have an excellent texture unlike the Shu palette, which is quite a bit more expensive at S$115.



This being Chanel, my guess is that it will fly off the shelves pretty quickly so don't wait too long if you like it!

I also stopped by the Coast To Coast store as I had a $10 voucher to use. Coast To Coast is currently having a storewide 20% discount off regular-priced items, with an additional 10% off for members. I decided to get the Rainforest Invigorating Body Exfoliant. This usually retails at S$43 but I paid only S$20.96.

The crushed walnut shells provide a thorough scrubbing action and left my skin feeling very soft and smooth. Although the scrub contains organic rose hip oil, it doesn't have a heavy rose scent. Instead, it smells like a refreshing sweet lemon sherbet to me. Very yummy!

Here's the ingredients list.

10 comments:

The Misery Chick said...

So soon?? The Chanel MUA told me it'll be launched on 21st Jan at all outlets. :P

No matter. Have an excuse to check it out tomorrow. :) Did you manage to swatch the lip stuff? The Nakkar glossimer looks really good on other blogs.

Haru said...

hi,
Nope, I didn't swatch anything else in the collection as they didn't appeal to me.

Miaka said...

Looking forward to see your FOTD with this channel palette!

Anonymous said...

i am not sure if the chanel e/s palette i saw was this one but it looked similar. but i recall it's being a cream es palette? i think i need to make another trip to the boutique. thanks for the update.

Hannah said...

Haru! I didn't think you'd get this! So excited for you!

I was just looking at this today but I'm hesitating as I'm not sure about the dark shades... Now what you said about not waiting too long to get it makes me wonder if I should go grab it tomorrow!

Jenna said...

Love the colors in the Chanel Palette.. wished they all the eyeshadow palettes came in the same packaging.

www.badpeachez.blogspot.com

makeupmag said...

It is a better palette than the Shu. It swatched so silkily and the pewter shade kicks ass! :D

Enjoy this beauty. :)

Hannah said...

I bit the bullet and bought the palette today! Sigh... It's such an elegant beauty...

Oh, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it is made in Japan.

Anonymous said...

it was all sold out at takashimaya yesterday and i managed to get one only at isetan orchard. i don't use e/s that much but decided to check this out after seeing in your blog; i love the texture, not a big fan of those baked chanel e/s. also figured out $91 for 5 colors ain't that bad; i like the olive gray shade the most! -h.

Tiffany said...

Hi Haru
i saw they gave you a few Vitalumiere liquid foundie sample, how sweet of them :) can you please let us know if you like this? :P

looking forward so much, dear.

Thanks, enjoy your makeup post