Tuesday 18 January 2011

Ombres Perlées de Chanel

Did a couple of looks with the Ombres Perlées de Chanel palette over the past couple of days. Due to the soft, almost creamy texture of the eyeshadows, I found that they applied better with the sponge tip applicators rather than the brush. The brush just does not pick up the eyeshadow as well whereas the sponge tip applicators not only pack on the colours well but also blend them nicely.

For the first look, I used the dark purple shade from the upper lashline to the crease, the black shade at the outer corner, the smoky green shade in the crease ad the white shade as a wash over the browbone area. The eyeshadows were applied over Urban Decay Primer Potion.


For the second look, I used the smoky green shade from the upper lashline to the crease, the purple shade at the outer "V" and along the lower lashline, the pink shade over the browbone area and the white shade at the inner corners and along the lower lashline. The eyeshadows were applied over Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

Overall, I think the five shades complement one another quite well although I wish the black shade could have been more intense and pigmented. The white and pink shades can look a tad frosty if applied too heavily, but these can be easily blended out to reduce the frost factor. All the shades are well-pigmented, and easy to apply and blend. However, the purple and green shades do fade a little after several hours of wear and lose some of their original lustre.

12 comments:

makeupmag said...

Very refined and pretty. :)

Hannah said...

Your EOTDs with this palette couldn't be more timely! I have only managed to find 1 EOTD online, which I think looks stunning:

http://cafemakeup.com/2010/12/chanel-ombres-perlees-and-peregrina-look/

I've been experimenting with this palette myself these 2 days, with different brushes and fingers.

Just to share... my squirrel-haired Hakuhodo brush is able to apply the dark colours almost as well as my fingers (despite seeming barely picking up the colour).

Interestingly, there was less fading when I used the brushes than when I used fingers.

The texture is amazing but I'm not quite sure yet how I feel about this palette. For one thing, I would like it better if I can get the violet shade to show up as seen in the pan.

Ninni said...

Oh, can someone give that palett to me, please? ;-)

MarciaF (Beauty Info Zone) said...

Try the MAC 217 brush with the palette. I found that helped tremendously. I had put mine away because I wasn't getting good applications but then I tried this brush and now I use the palette often.

MatryoshkaDoll said...

Gorgeous looks! What lippie are you wearing in the last pic?

Haru said...

hi,
For both looks, I was wearing MAC A Different Groove Lipglass from the Liberty collection.

Fruity Lashes said...

it's such a great palette. you look classy!

pinky with lashes said...

THIS ONE CAME OUT ALREADY??? I WANT~~~

haru how much was this????? pls reply asap i'm flying down to isetan today!!.....BIG THANKS!!! :D

Haru said...

It's S$91. Better hurry, Takashimaya sold out of it already.

pinky with lashes said...

THX TO UR BLOG HARU I MANAGED TO GET THE 1 OF THE LAST FEW!!!!....... I cant thank u enough!...to tink i was probably the 1st few in Singapore to call Chanel counters in november after seeing it online yet now i end up getting 1 of the last pcs... :D

Mei said...

Iris you look great! I got mine from isetan wisma just now. Tried it and I just can't get the effect I thought will have and unlike the way you did yours :(

Haru said...

hi pinky,
Glad to hear that you managed to get it! Have fun using it :-)

Hi Mei,
Do experiment using it with different bases/primers to see if that helps? The shades show up true to how they look in the pan when I used them over Urban Decay Primer Potion and Too Faced Shadow Insurance. My application technique is not complicated at all, and I used only the applicators that were included in the palette.