Saturday 1 January 2011

Samantha Thavasa Launch Party

Back in November, I was invited to the Samantha Thavasa launch party for their new store in Ion Orchard. I was unable to attend as I was away in New Delhi but Mag (Makeupstash.com) and Kas (Shine, Shimmer & Sparkle) went and kept me updated almost instantaneously through the wonder of Twitter.

The party kicked off with a fashion show.

You can see many more photos of the party on Samantha Thavasa's Facebook page.

After the show, the guests adjourned to the new store (located on Level B1 of Ion).

I was ecstatic to see that they had brought in the Liberty range, including the latest Liberty x Hello Kitty collection!

Founded in 1994, the Samantha Thavasa brand is famous in Japan for its collaborations with foreign celebrities like Penelope Cruz, Victoria Beckham, Tinsley Mortimer, Beyonce and the Hilton sisters. Top Japanese models Yuri Ebihara and Jessica Michibata are the current faces of the brand.



The prices range from S$70 to S$300 for charms and small leather goods, and from S$300 to S$500 for bags. According to Herworld.com, the Hello Kitty bag costs S$469. The Petite Choice Liberty Boston bag that I purchased in Osaka is selling here for about S$285, if I recall correctly. I had paid S$255 for it in Osaka.


Mag also kindly gave me her doorgift of a Samantha Thavasa Petite Choice charm and notebook from the party!


Many thanks to Mag for the gifts and pics!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So happy to see that you and other bloggers have become such great friends! I agree that good friends are hard to come by as we grow older.

Btw this if my 1st time leaving a msg tho I've been following ur blog for some time now~ I love reading your blog!

Haru said...

Hi Ada,
Yes, I have been fortunate to make several good friends through blogging :-) Thank you for reading the blog!

Anonymous said...

There are so many designs in those photos. However, when I walk into the store over the X'mas weekend, I realised there were only limited designs available. I believed most items were sold out during the launch party.

Haru said...

hi,
Yup, I think the store has been doing roaring business. For the Boston bag that I purchased, the store had it in all 4 prints when I visited it 2 weeks ago but today, they were left with only one print. But hopefully, they will get in more new stock soon!

makeupmag said...

It was quite an interesting event. I enjoyed looking at all the different prints. The Sakura Hello Kitty one was particularly pleasing! :)