Saturday 12 March 2011

Jo Malone Sakura Cherry Blossom Cologne

At Ngee Ann City today, I discovered to my delight that the Jo Malone store had just brought in the Sakura Cherry Blossom cologne. This was also just released in Japan on 25 February and should be released outside of Asia in the coming months.

Created by Master Perfumer, Christine Nagel, the limited edition cologne is an exquisite interpretation of the cherry blossom, with layers of rose, and mimosa accented with the freshness of bergamot and mandarin. The result is a powdery fragrance, contrasted by a base of musk and woods. Nagel described Sakura Cherry Blossom as "one of the most poetic flowers translated into a delicate fragrance, the scent is feminine, elegant, fragile”.

The cologne comes in the usual 30ml (S$95) and 100ml (S$190) sizes. In Japan, the price is even more marked up at 7875yen (S$122) and 14700yen (S$227) respectively.

I sprayed it on my arm and then walked around the mall for some time to see how it performed. The delicate fragrance charmed me with its refreshing rose and bergamot notes. I didn't find it to be powdery like Kenzo Flower. The musk base is also quite subtle, definitely more subdued than Sarah Jessica Parker's Lovely. I fell in love with it pretty quickly and returned to the store to purchase it.

The cologne is tinted a ladylike pale pink. After about 4 hours of wear, the fragrance is still detectable on my skin. According to Biteki.com, Sakura Cherry Blossom layers well with either French Lime Blossom or Orange Blossom. According to the SA, the Tea Fragrance collection will be released here only in June.


4 comments:

Sabrina said...

Beautiful! I'm glad you got your hands on the tea items while you were in the US!

I hope this Sakura Cherry Blossom comes to us in America. What a beautiful display. Thank you for the descriptions - it sounds delicious!

Candice said...

Wow, thanks for your review! I must go down to get one for myself now. Which size did you get may I ask? :)

Haru said...

hi,
I got the 30ml size.

Anonymous said...

See Karen & Shelly @ Nordstrom, SF Centre. I love it even more after 10 minutes of wear. LJ