Saturday 12 March 2011

Lush It's Raining Men

Most Lush aficionados would be intimately familiar with their immensely popular Honey I Washed The Kids soap with its distinctive honeycomb-like rim and caramel and honey scent. This year, Lush introduced It's Raining Men as a special limited edition shower gel for Valentine's Day. It's basically the shower gel version of Honey I Washed The Kids. Lush had previously released a similar shower gel but under a different name. My sister-in-law was kind enough to help me purchase this just before my London trip. (Love the cute bag!)

It’s Raining Men is "made with lotus flowers to soothe your winter-ravaged bodies and moisturising, cleansing British honey from Wales. It smells like toffee-fudge, with refreshing sweet orange and bergamot oils to give it a little extra sweetness for you or your Valentine."

Indeed, the scent is treacly sweet and may be too sugary for some people. Post shower, it lingers subtly on the skin. I can still detect the scent if I sniff my arm closely but it's not like you just doused yourself in a heavy perfume of the scent. It lathered up very well, even without the use of a bath lily, and didn't dry out my skin. A 250ml bottle will probably last about 4 to 6 weeks. At £7.95 for 250ml, it's not that cheap but if you like the scent, then it's well worth splurging on for a special treat.

It's Raining Men is currently still available on the Lush UK website but has already sold out on the Lush USA website.

4 comments:

shopaholic said...

I was searching for LUSH high and low when I was in Taipei, but to no avail. I hope it will return to Spore soon!

Lynn Cia said...

Do you know if this shower gel is sold in HK? Will be there end of this month, hope to find it there. Thks.

Haru said...

hi Lynn,
I don't know about the product availability for Lush Hong Kong. You should check their website.

Lynn Cia said...

Thanks, Iris. The product is listed on Lush HK website. :) Will track it down while in HK.