Wednesday 6 July 2011

Chanel Byzance de Chanel

Thanks to the lovely Chantana who showed me her freshly purchased Joues Contraste in Rouge yesterday night, I decided to pop by Isetan Orchard to check out the Byzance de Chanel collection. In Singapore, the collection is available only at Isetan Orchard, Takashimaya and Marina Bay Sands.

The collection has already been reviewed in loving detail on excellent blogs like The Beauty Look Book, Cafe Makeup, Joey'space and Best Things in Beauty, so do check out their respective reviews if you are interested in the collection. The Topkapi quad (S$95), an ultra-wearable taupe/neutral lover's dream, is already sold out at Isetan Orchard and unsurprisingly so, given the buttery smoothness of the four shimmery shades.

The golden Joues Contraste in Or (S$65) felt dry to touch, unlike the velvety smoothness of Rouge. Rouge looks quite shimmery when swatched but the SA assured me that it looks more natural when applied on the cheek.

I ended up coming home with Rouge as well as the Rouge Allure in Rouge Byzantin (S$44). The blush is absurdly expensive but well, that's Chanel pricing for you. Plus I'm sure it's the only Chanel blush that I will be purchasing this year.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wonder MBS chanel still ve the quad e/s palette stocks or not...
don't know wat is the contact number to check....i want the quads....hehee

milktea said...

Looking forward to the swatch of the Joues Contraste in Rouge! Just wondering whether it is too intense for fair skin.. :)

Kas said...

I liked how the lipstick looked on you; a nice, saturated raspberry. I shall make sure I use Rouge and Byzantin this weekend if i'm headed out too! :D

Chantana said...

I've tried Rouge on the cheeks and it beautiful.

kaelakaela said...

i just ordered these today--the rouge blush, the gold highlighter and the quad--hope it is as beautiful in person. thanks, haru--love your blog

Anonymous said...

I got my Tokapi from Chanel MBS. I called up, asking any stocks n left my name. Someone in the reservation list dun want so i manage to get mine..I am so happy with it..
Moonflowergal

Haru said...

Glad to hear that, it's a true beauty! Enjoy it :)