Sunday 3 July 2011

Lush Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly

On my last trip to London, I picked up two of Lush's shower jellies to try out. Sweetie Pie is a vegan concoction with "lashings of blackcurrant and bergamot essential oils in a sour cherry and coconut jelly".

The jelly texture is much firmer than Snow Showers and doesn't break up easily into mushy little bits like the latter. The blue sparkles are from the iridescent glitter, but when using this, I didn't notice any glitter bits on my skin.

I used a wooden scoop (which came with a L'Occitane Rose des Neiges sugar scrub) to scoop out a small chunk.

The jelly lathers up very easily. Although it doesn't disintegrate like Snow Showers, I still dropped it on the floor three times but luckily, it was quite easy to pick up.

When I'm done soaping up, I just rinse it lightly and then plop it back in the pot. The 100g pot can probably last a few weeks with daily use. The blackcurrant and cherry scent lingered on my skin for quite awhile after the shower, but I think I prefer the more refreshing citrus scent of Whoosh shower jelly (which I also purchased). Although it contains sodium laureth sulfate, it didn't dry out my skin.

Overall, I think Lush shower jellies are a fun treat for the bath (if you don't mind dealing with the slipperiness), and not terribly expensive at just £2.85 for 100g.

The ingredients list: Glycerine, Cherry Infusion (Prunus cerasus), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coconut Infusion (Cocos nucifera), Propanediol, Carrageenan Extract (Chondrus crispus), Perfume, Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia), Cassis Absolute (Ribes nigrum), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), *Limonene, *Linalool, Iridescent Glitter (Polyethylene terephthalate and Acrylates copolymer), Snowflake Lustre Colour, Colour 17200, Colour 42090, Methylparaben, Propylparaben
(* Occurs naturally in essential oils)

2 comments:

Karelessly in Love said...

I have awas loved the shower jellies. Best if you take out straight out of the fridge. Great treat for a sweltering day. Unfortunately they don't travel well so it's hard to buy online. Lush should really come back to our shore :(

milktea said...

My 4 year old nephew wud eat this immediately! :-D