Monday 18 July 2011

Sightings at London Heathrow Airport

While transiting through London's Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 last week, I came across the new Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes mascara and four Doll Eyes Ombre Absolue palettes. The mascara was retailing at just £18 at the duty-free, versus £22.50 in the city.


I'm not sure of the price of the palettes in duty-free but they are £33 normally in the UK.




The Very YSL Palette, containing four powder eyeshadows, one blush and two lip shades.


Benefit Badgal set: I love the pouch but didn't like the inclusion of Dr Feelgood.

Givenchy's Acid Summer makeup collection.

The Jo Malone counter with the Cologne Intense collection.




At the Armani counter, I finally got to try out the popular Eyes To Kill eyeshadows. The shades were truly lovely, with a rich shine and almost creamy texture that swatched smoothly without skipping. These were retailing at £20.40 each in dutyfree (versus £24.50 in the city). Thanks to the low pound, that works out to be just S$40.



I picked up Eyes To Kill #3 Purpura (purple mixed with gold) and #4 Pulp Fiction (grey with red flecks) as well as the Blushing Fabric #5 Raspberry (£23.30), a sweet cherry red.


7 comments:

Becky said...

Terminal 5? Fantastic! Thanks for the report as I'm counting down the days until I'm passing through :) Was hoping for some good shopping.

Haru said...

Yup, it was hard to resist all the bargains! Have a good trip!

. : * justine * : . said...

I am drooling in jealousy over the Armani counter! I hope you really enjoy the Eyes to Kill - they are definitely my new HG for eyeshadow (I have 11 of them now). :D

Haru said...

Wow, 11? That's almost all of them, right? I haven't worn them yet but will definitely do so soon.

. : * justine * : . said...

Yep :) I bought one, loved it, bought a few more while I was in the US since the price was so much better, and ... I'm pretty much going to collect all of them! Can't wait to see how you wear them!

milktea said...

The Very YSL palette is a bargain at £37.95 (or MYR 184) considering that Dior quads in Malaysia retail for MYR190 (or SGD77).

But I prefer the YSL quad you picked up in NY! :-)

Jacqueline said...

I'm drooling over your GA hauls. I'm dying to get my hands on ETKs. What generous samples! I wish Lancome would bring in the colorful palettes, why do they think that Asians are afraid of colours?