Saturday 13 August 2011

Nexcare Acne Patch

A few months ago, Nexcare Acne Patch was being relentlessly promoted on the radio so out of curiosity, I picked up a pack at Watsons. The "Fun Pack" contained 14 heart-shaped patches (12mm) and 14 star-shaped patches (10mm).

The acne patch is basically a hydrocolloid patch that helps to absorb the oily gunk in pimples, while providing a waterproof protective cover against bacteria and reducing the infection risk. By covering up the pimple, it also prevents one from touching and squeezing the pimple, which only aggravates the situation by further inflaming the pimple and leading to scarring.

The first time I tried it, there was no visible improvement and the patch didn't seem to suck anything out of the acne. Since then, it's just been sitting in my cabinet untouched. For the past week, I've had a horribly red pimple emerging on my right cheek. At first, I tried to treat it with Kate Somerville EradiKate Acne Treatment, which is a sulfur-based solution, but there was no improvement even after three days of regular application. So I decided to give the Nexcare acne patch another try. To my surprise, this time it actually worked! I applied it at night and woke up the next morning to find that center of the patch had a white spot, evidence of it absorbing the oily secretion from the pimple.

The pimple was still red, but it did look flatter. It will probably take a few more days to heal completely. The acne patch can't treat all types of acne. For dislodging blackheads/pore clogs, I think Biore's nose strips are more effective. But for red pimples that appear as bumps, the acne patch does seem to help speed up the healing process and prevent the pimple from getting worse.

Below is the product info.






5 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm glad these ended up working for you! I absolutely love these patches and I rave about them constantly :P

Chantana said...

I used this on red angry bump which have a white head... the silicon pad will somehow suck out the oil and heal the pimple faster. (I only use it at night before going to bed)

Unknown said...

ahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

This is genius! Hiro often steals my patches so the next ones I get shall be these!!

Ling said...

oh i am glad the acne patch works well to purge the pus :)

what whitening serum/product do you use to lessen the marks of post scar ? urgh..everyone hates acne, right!! urgh, how frustrating can..:P

thanks and have a great week!

Haru said...

Hi Ling,
I haven't used any product that effectively reduces the acne spots but I've read that Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Corrector is pretty good.