Monday 1 August 2011

Sleek Curacao i-Divine Palette

While in London, I picked up Sleek's new i-Divine palettes in Curacao (from the Caribbean collection) and Oh So Special at Superdrug. While the limited edition Curacao palette was available in abundant quantities at most Superdrug stores, Oh So Special was maddeningly difficult to locate despite being a permanent addition.

At first glance, Curacao is shockingly vibrant, almost on the scale of Acid but with fewer neon shades. It is not for shrinking violets and the faint of heart but the shades will come in handy for jazzing up any makeup collection or if you are in the mood for experimenting with colours. To be honest, when I first opened it up to try, I was stumped for awhile trying to think of a combination that I would be comfortable with. While I often wear green, purple and blue eyeshadows, I usually steer well clear of orange, yellow and red hues.

Curacao contains 6 matte shades and 6 shimmery shades. Used over a primer, the shades show up easily and true to how they appear in the pan. They also lasted well over several hours of wear but I did get a bit of smudging at the outer corner of my lower eyelid.

Martini is the only shade that I found to be frosty so it's best applied with a very light hand. I experienced a tiny bit of fallout when using Green Iguana and Purple Haze but these were easily wiped away, unlike some of the more intense shades in Sleek's other i-Divine palettes.


For this look, I used Beaute de Kose Eye Fantasist PK857 Sugar Glazed Pink as the base, Martini over the browbone area, Blue Hawaiian at the inner one-third of the upper lid and along the lower lashline, Green Martini in the center of the upper lid, Green Iguana in the outer third of the upper lid and Espresso Martini along the upper lashline.

I also used Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Electric along the upper lashline and Canmake Agebuto Mascara. (Apologies about the ghastly under eye dark circles as I am in jet lag misery and unable to sleep.)

On the lips, I used Canmake Candy Wrap Lip #2.

For the second look, I used Urban Decay Primer Potion as the base, Martini over the browbone area and along the lower lashline, Purple Haze along the upper lashline and outer corner of the lower eyelid, Blue Hawaiian in the outer half of the crease and Apres Midori in the inner half of the crease.

I also used Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Royal along the upper lashline and Canmake Agebuto Mascara.

On the lips, I used Canmake Candy Wrap Lip #4 Lady Strawberry.

Overall, while I don't regret purchasing Curacao to add to my i-Divine Palettes collection, I doubt that I will reach for it as often as other i-Divine Palettes like Jewels, Bohemian or Bad Girl, due to my own colour preferences. Nevertheless, kudos to Sleek for creating yet another interesting palette that is sufficiently different from its past releases. Curacao is definitely more for weekend play time or the holidays.

List of ingredients.

12 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Those are very pretty eye looks! I hope you are sleeping better now.

maccaroon said...

Dear Haru
Despite the under eye bags, you look stunning. I hope you are resting well and get your body in tune to the local time :)

Emilie said...

I love what you did with the purple! It really makes your eyes pop. So pretty.

Hing said...

This Sleek palette is really colorful!!
Love your lips btw! >v<

Blovet Beauty said...

omg... i really want this palette... the colors are so rich!

katherine said...

wow i think pastel colors really suit you! the first green look in this post and the maybelline eye studio purple look some time ago both look very ethereal on you! play with pastel colors more!!

Jamilla Camel said...

I love you in bright shades! Looks like you had fun at superdrug!

Jamilla Camel said...

dear maccaroon, I can assure you that my eye bags are much larger, and I'm on local time!

Atqa Beauty Blog | atqabeauty.com said...

I love this palette even though it's completely not in my style. I've been using it for a week now and all I can say is that with 12 shades colour combinations are endless.

maccaroon said...

Dear Jamilla Camel,
That's where concealers come in. I thank the day they formulated it :)

Elaine said...

I hoped you have a good rest.

I liked the second look ;)

looks even better in real life! very refreshing! ;)

Tess said...

you look good with pink lips!